Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which Has Less Noise
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
macavely
well as i was driving today i notice that the GT has a lot less road noise then the ST had... just wanted to know if anyone could back me up on this... or is it just all in my head
Jen
I think it's the other way around.. from my experience..
Consynx
psst, it's all in the tires wink.gif
Akimbo
Yeah I was gonna say what Consynx said.
recneps
maybe its like the rs and the evo 8, one has sound proof padding and one dosnt.
saleeka
94-95 models have MUCH less sound deatoning materials in them compared to 96-99's... toyota added a lot of insulation due to complaints of excessive noise in the early cars...
spunky393
QUOTE(recneps @ Nov 22, 2004 - 11:36 PM)
maybe its like the rs and the evo 8, one has sound proof padding and one dosnt.
[right][snapback]210761[/snapback][/right]

I agree with this one much more. Tires do make a difference, but this is more agreeable
Blakout16
and this is why they invented the car audio system... u will never even hear your own thoughts if you got the right system wink.gif
macavely
QUOTE(Blakout16 @ Nov 22, 2004 - 11:47 PM)
and  this is why they invented the car audio system... u will never even hear your own thoughts if you got the right system wink.gif
[right][snapback]210771[/snapback][/right]

na i love the sound of the engine that is music to my ears...
spunky393
QUOTE(macavely @ Nov 22, 2004 - 11:55 PM)
QUOTE(Blakout16 @ Nov 22, 2004 - 11:47 PM)
and  this is why they invented the car audio system... u will never even hear your own thoughts if you got the right system wink.gif
[right][snapback]210771[/snapback][/right]

na i love the sound of the engine that is music to my ears...
[right][snapback]210778[/snapback][/right]

Agreed again, sometimes, dead of winter, i'll turn off my air, radio, whatever. Roll down my window, and jsut listen to it. And i do it all the time in the summer
Blakout16
i was referring to the road noise problem and such... but i do the same thing only when the weather is right, other than that... nahhhh im a weakling.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.