Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: race!!!!!!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
maikl
this friday at 22:00 local hour i will race an 1998 integra type-r with alot of mods!
i am a litle scared but i hope that everything will go ok! wish me luck!
thanks wink.gif
shin
with your beams maikl, you'll own the type r lol biggrin.gif good luck
Beams
Hey maikl, good luck man, i hope you beat the hell out of that type-r, does he have any internal mods? pistons etc... Take out a spare wheel and some seats save a bit of weight tongue.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif . Nah j/k well i hope everything goes well....as toredo would say...Visualise the WIN!!! wink.gif
recycle
where?
maikl
QUOTE(recycle @ Nov 24, 2004 - 9:22 AM)
where?
[right][snapback]211427[/snapback][/right]

at erimi limassol at 22:00 come and watch! wink.gif
recycle
QUOTE(maikl @ Nov 24, 2004 - 7:26 PM)
QUOTE(recycle @ Nov 24, 2004 - 9:22 AM)
where?
[right][snapback]211427[/snapback][/right]

at erimi limassol at 22:00 come and watch! wink.gif
[right][snapback]211428[/snapback][/right]

i will call u on friday to tell me exact place
dstrbcelica
take a video camera and post the vid!!! w00t

-dstrb
Digndoug
yeah dif bring a vid camera if ya can, I would love to see that..
Ale_lock
Be careful & good luck.
Timeless6gcelica
QUOTE(dstrbcelica @ Nov 24, 2004 - 11:44 AM)
take a video camera and post the vid!!! w00t

-dstrb
[right][snapback]211439[/snapback][/right]

For sure, record and post that shiz!
DamDirtyApes
pink slips ... lol jk
Gilbert_619
what is alot of mods? cuz if he has anything half good....its not looking good to you
urbandork
rootin for you.

pix or vid yeah.
C3L1CA
It would be cool to see. It's not how you stand by your car it's how you race your car biggrin.gif. Oh yeah good luck
Consynx
what does SSIII run in stock form?
of course the SSIII never made it into Car & Driver Magazine in the US :\
Magic
Maikl dont race the guy,what he got under the hood?
frosty
DEFINITLY video it! I wish I could go... frown.gif

Be safe, have fun!
playr158
umm that wasn't toreto that said that lol.....the was lenny....
he had the yellow skyline
creis
GOOD LUCK stay safe, and put that little integra in in its place for all of us.
neoklis
Hey Mike, it looks like its going to be raining so i think this think will not happen. And why at 10? nobody will be able to see anything at night. furthermore, yes i would take off the passenger seat for the weight. What kind of mods does he have? Are we talking about exhaust and air filter or more? I think i will be coming, not just for the show, but, in the small possibility you get beaten, i can put him in his place (Especially if the road is a bit wet)
C3L1CA
umm that wasn't toreto that said that lol.....the was lenny....

Ja rule said it with the integra
maikl
the type-r is not stock at all but i will risk it!!!!!!!! it has dc-sport exhaust manifold 4-1, msd ignition, c.a.i, exhaust, greddy e-manage, toda racing clutch, toda racing flywheel, toda cam gears!!!!!!!!!! well i will probaply lose but with not as much distance as everybody things's!!!!! but if i win he will not show his face for a long long long time! i will let you know of the outcome! wink.gif
Beams
Dunno i'm just guessing but even if you're even in terms of power it will all go down to you making a good start , due to the weight difference of course. I highly doubt he'll be able to catch you if he messes up the start. Don't race him again if he loses and starts making excuses...."i missed 3rd gear" or "i put 2nd gear instead of fourth" (unless it's really obvious of course) that has happened so many times and it's bull. But anyway try to play it safe, and even if you lose it's just a race. I'm sure it's gonna be tight and everyone will respect ur Celica in the end, whatever the outcome. Best of luck if it goes as scheduled. smile.gif

Neoklis i don't think he'll want to race with a GT4, he'll definitely lose, and he'll lose badly, but if he's up to the challenge...then hey why not biggrin.gif
Magic
NA vs Turbo????? we talk here about 2 different worlds guys,dont mess-up the situation.
Blakout16
i wonder how it went.
Junior
I noticed that you have turbo exhaust and a turbo timer, does that mean you have a turbo setup?
Blakout16
nahh he's n/a... i think he's just getting ready for it.
Kwanza26
I personally don't think he'll win... but whatever. Drag racing is pretty weak in general...
Magic
GUYS!!!
Maikl lost by half a car!!!!Only by half a car!!!AMAZING!!!

Gilbert_619
a win is a win weather its a inch or mile haha
NYCelica
frown.gif
nik
did you guys video it please say you did if so get it on here asap biggrin.gif
importceli
damn im hungry for that video post it quick!
dstrbcelica
ahh..that's too bad that he lost. oh well. vid maybe?

-dstrb
Anub1s
Half a car length comparitively isn't bad for what he was up against. Kudos to you maikl I hope you get a vid of it up soon (that is if you took vid of it).
Magic
Guys i did make it for the video mad.gif But we will make many videos soon for you...this is a promise.

Hanyo
BOOOO BOOOOOO

v-tec beats vvt1...

BOOOO Boooooo
maikl
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif i realy dont care what everybody else says! i am a very happy celica owner! the type-r came with semi-sleeks racing tyres and i went almost as i drive my car everyday!!!!! everybody who was there stayed with their mouth open!!!!!!! nobady belived what my car did! the type-r i've raced was no stock AT ALL! from what i've heard he has toda camshafts, i asked him after the race and he told me that he only have cam-gears toda confused.gif anw! i was at the end and i was watching my car finishing next to the type-r and i and nobady else could belived it tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif OH! i thing that a friend of mine got it on video biggrin.gif i will find out and if he did i will post you the video!!!!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif I am just to happy wink.gif
maikl
and something else dont forget that our cars are no for street racing they are made for the luxury and safety of its owner!!!!!! this is the reason that they are very heavy, my point? if i was 200 kg less i will run over him!!!!!1 biggrin.gif
chucho
let Magic own him, glad your happy w/ ur race.
Beams
Maikl congrats, even if you lost that doesn't mean anything, at least you came close. Hondas have an advantage over us really, weight difference and the fact that they have loads of options to modify their cars. I'm sure he had more in there than just toda cam gears, no one will ever say the truth about what they have under the hood. And as you said he came with semi-slicks...i bet he was really scared...he took you and your car very seriously....Respect to the Celica and respect to maikl for beeing happy and keeping his head up smile.gif. I'm sure you would have walked all over him if he didn't have those slicks. Anyway it was just a race and i'm sure everyone had fun. biggrin.gif
Kwanza26
QUOTE(Beams @ Nov 27, 2004 - 5:01 PM)
Maikl congrats, even if you lost that doesn't mean anything, at least you came close. Hondas have an advantage over us really, weight difference and the fact that they have loads of options to modify their cars. I'm sure he had more in there than just toda cam gears, no one will ever say the truth about what they have under the hood. And as you said he came with semi-slicks...i bet he was really scared...he took you and your car very seriously....Respect to the Celica and respect to maikl for beeing happy and keeping his head up smile.gif. I'm sure you would have walked all over him if he didn't have those slicks. Anyway it was just a race and i'm sure everyone had fun.  biggrin.gif
[right][snapback]212945[/snapback][/right]

Great reponse... I like that you made the response without taking some silly pot-shot at Hondas...

I figured you'd lose based on the ITR's mods and your whp. Comparatively speaking... both cars probably weigh the same. Integras of any generation were always around 2500 pounds, the relative weight of a typical Celica. He just has you out-gunned in almost every way, from mods, to overall performance, to slicks, etc... I'll tell you, if he was running camshafts... he woulda walked you by a long shot. Honda B series are no joke. The unfortunate thing is, we don't have any BEAMS 3SGE's here in the States so I can't really make a super accurate comparison... but yeah. So long as you have fun... You know he was serious and showed a bit of respect... that's all I'd ask for.
Beams
Thnx Kwanza i appreciate that smile.gif
maikl
i've just found out today that the s.n of a b...h that i've raced hat his a/c and all the belts of his engine taken out!!!!!!!!! mad.gif mad.gif and he also took some weight of his car, things that we promised that we wont do to our cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif
Ale_lock
QUOTE(maikl @ Nov 30, 2004 - 12:11 PM)
i've just found out today that the s.n of a b...h that i've raced hat his a/c and all the belts of his engine taken out!!!!!!!!!  mad.gif  mad.gif and he also took some weight of his car, things that we promised that we wont do to our cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif
[right][snapback]214559[/snapback][/right]

Well think of it like this, if he somewhat barely got a win off of you with all that done & you went as if the car was going to do some daily driving, what does that say?! wink.gif
maikl
it means tht my car is faster than his biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif I am so happy to talk with people who knows what tey are saying wink.gif owned.gif
Ale_lock
QUOTE(maikl @ Nov 30, 2004 - 12:45 PM)
it means tht my car is faster than his  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  I am so happy to talk with people who knows what tey are saying wink.gif  owned.gif
[right][snapback]214586[/snapback][/right]

Well not faster, but its possible that you either would of been neck to neck or near 1/4 a car ahead of him, won't know till you guys race again if ever. I wouldn't bother though if the guy went against his word cause he wanted to make sure he'd win.
Magic
maikl hondas are the only cars that they racing without Chassis...hahaha..thats the reason they are lighter....i am wondering why the type r guy took out of the car more weight... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Beams
Maikl i'm sure you would have owned him if he hadn't gone in to all that trouble taking out stuff just to save weight and also them semi-slicks, which gave him a serious advantage at take off. Anyway it's all good feel happy that you came really close and went into the race as you drive your car everyday smile.gif . Maikl one more thing did you further tune the e-manage to gain more hp while ur car was getting dynoed? How many runs did you do?
maikl
53 runs!!!!!!!!! it shows in my dyno paper.........
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.