Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: transmission
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
mutilator
hi everyone.i nedd some info so please help me.me and my friends are building a toyota starlet with 3sgte engine and i need to tell me what tranny shall we use and all the front systems such as the motor mounts, the steering and generarly all the front stuff.
Coomer
You might have better luck on Starlet forums or a general Toyota forum. wink.gif

But I think most people use the S-54 or E-153 tranny for their FWD 3S-GTE-swapped Celicas.
mutilator
QUOTE(Coomer @ Nov 25, 2004 - 6:33 PM)
You might have better luck on Starlet forums or a general Toyota forum. wink.gif

But I think most people use the S-54 or E-153 tranny for their FWD 3S-GTE-swapped Celicas.
[right][snapback]212176[/snapback][/right]

ok.from what cars these trans are??thanks for your info
Coomer
The USDM sixth gen. Celica GT(ST204) has the S-54 tranny. The fifth generation Celica GT/GT-S might have the S-54 as well, or it might be the S-53(which also works, but I think is weaker.) The SW20 MR2 Turbo has the E-153 tranny I believe.
mutilator
one last question.do you know if any lexus model has the 3sgte engine??
Blakout16
unless they're thieves... but no i believe no lexus models do not have a 3sgte engine.
mutilator
so if i deside to do my celica rwd with the 3sgte engine and turn the engine vertically what tranny shall i use??
Coomer
QUOTE(mutilator @ Nov 25, 2004 - 6:03 PM)
so if i deside to do my celica rwd with the 3sgte engine and turn the engine vertically what tranny shall i use??
[right][snapback]212191[/snapback][/right]

If you were going to go about doing that...you'd want use the Altezza's tranny I think. Though it's not easy by any means to convert a FWD Celica to RWD.
Kwanza26
You'll need the W series Toyota RWD trannies (RWD Celicas, Supras, Trucks, etc...) if you're doing a longitudinal set-up. If you don't know what's involved... you're already in WAYYY over your head...
Anub1s
QUOTE(Blakout16 @ Nov 26, 2004 - 1:58 AM)
unless they're thieves... but no i believe no lexus models do not have a 3sgte engine.
[right][snapback]212189[/snapback][/right]

What do you mean thieves? Who do you think owns Lexus bro?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.