Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Possibly a stupid question...
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Supersprynt
ok, you kno that warning right smack in front of u on the engine: CAUTION HOT! keep hands off ya kno. Well - on JDM engines, would that be written in japanese???
ghostdog
QUOTE (Supersprynt @ Mar 19, 2003 - 2:28 PM)
ok, you kno that warning right smack in front of u on the engine: CAUTION HOT! keep hands off ya kno. Well - on JDM engines, would that be written in japanese???

yes. there is also a hand icon with a red line through it... ahhh the universal language of iconics.
Supersprynt
Yeah so it would be in japanese...so im looking at a "japanese engine" and that thing says "Caution Hands Off"

Japanese my ass!
Supersprynt
who has an actual JDM engine that can confirm this?
Charlie97L
this is a JDM 3sgte, it has japanese and english on it, jdm cars do use english, i mean, the word "toyota" and "celica" are in english on the car. the hand with the X is my fave tho.

user posted image
0Re0
QUOTE (Supersprynt @ Mar 19, 2003 - 2:48 PM)
who has an actual JDM engine that can confirm this?

Kuya1284 from celica.net has it.
Supersprynt
Yeha i did some research. They do have english cuz we're not the only ones who speak it! I didnt think of that, but i was kinda being clever? No...ne body?
neophile
Here's a 96 JDM 3SGE for your viewing pleasure biggrin.gif

user posted image
Neipas09
QUOTE (Supersprynt @ Mar 19, 2003 - 10:16 PM)
They do have english cuz we're not the only ones who speak it!

We aren't??? confused.gif

That's funny, cause around here all the japs speak everything but english! Same for mexicans, arabians, ect....
doGGy
LOL biggrin.gif he he...
Charlie97L
QUOTE (Neipas09 @ Mar 20, 2003 - 5:07 AM)

That's funny, cause around here all the japs speak everything but english! Same for mexicans, arabians, ect....

you know, i hate to break this point, but "japs" is a derogatory term, and i'd appreciate it if you didn't use it. it's kinda like the "n" word.
Coomer
QUOTE (Charlie97L @ Mar 20, 2003 - 8:07 AM)
QUOTE (Neipas09 @ Mar 20, 2003 - 5:07 AM)

you know, i hate to break this point, but "japs" is a derogatory term, and i'd appreciate it if you didn't use it. it's kinda like the "n" word.

Yep, you shouldn't use that word anymore, because it's deeply offensive to some people. Consider this your warning.
95STCelica
fight broke out in school two days ago, about something like that but a different race...it's so serious now a days ..im a very anti racist person and it gets on my nerves hearing people talk like that...its rude and ignorant and causes problems. My dad and I don't have a good relationship because of how racist he is so i guess it gets to me more than others..oh well that's my .02 cents.. frown.gif

Coomer, your sig pic is outta this world..looks amazing wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.