Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: oh ****
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
tdiddytimms
Remember when i said that my motor was knockin it wasn't spark knock, it was a warped connecting rod. It finally worked it's way out of the side of the block. So here is the ? 3sgte or 5sfte?
Anub1s
I would say go for the gusto and do the 3sgte swap man. That totally sucks about the engine though hopefully you get it all worked out for you.
macavely
do the 5sfte... join us.. the ones that are starting and doing the turbo now..
boosted_K2
stroked 3sgte smile.gif
Anub1s
hey that was my idea!
Supersprynt
stroker kit close to 3G
lagos
if your 5sfe is shot...got for a 3sgte. you get a newer, realiable turbo motor.
x_itchy_b_x
in this case uh. why put in a 5sfe lol go for the 3sgte
tdiddytimms
Thank yaw, can someone tell me if the gear ratios are the same in the 5s tranny, and the 3s. the only thing about my celica i didn't like was the low gearing. cause icould burn my cuzz's SI but i would be shifting in to 5th as he went into 3rd.
bufferdan
Dont think gear ratios are exactly the same but they have to be close (g/f has a GT and i have a mr2T). The mr2turbos have very low gearing also. It feels very close to me.
neoklis
No, gears are longer on the 3SGTE. The fifth especially.
DG_Performance
Gearing has nothing to do with the engine that you have. If you want longer gears you need the solara tranny. That is the easiest way to go. I was thinking i wanted longer gearing too but i heard that the gearing was a little too much of a change. I cant confirm that cause i never rode in a solara or a car with the solara tran in it????
Its worth looking into,
DG

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.