Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4agze
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
st_celica_killer
i knoe people have been posting up about doing 4agze swap into celica...but i need help...so...cause..i'm helping out a friend doing a 4agze swap into his 94 celica st....all i wanted to knoe is that.would the 4agze engine with tranny fit right in place of a celica st.stock motor mounts...or do i have to get new motor mounts.set.???? wiring a pain in the asss..as of right now still trying to convert.....thanks foe the help....

3sgte in processss..
Dr_Tweak
Yes, it should all bolt in. Let us know for sure though.
Mynzeyes
AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no, 3 of the 4 mounts bolt in. the rear-most tranny mount (by the firewall) needs some modification. also, i believe the passenger side motor mount needs to be traded out for the 7AFE mount. the drive's side axle will need to be modified (if you got them from a clip) , but the passenger side should be fine. i hope you can get this to work, as i never could. frown.gif. sigh.

-John-
Dr_Tweak
QUOTE(Mynzeyes @ Nov 29, 2004 - 7:28 AM)

no, 3 of the 4 mounts bolt in. the rear-most tranny mount (by the firewall) needs some modification. also, i believe the passenger side motor mount needs to be traded out for the 7AFE mount. the drive's side axle will need to be modified (if you got them from a clip) , but the passenger side should be fine. i hope you can get this to work, as i never could. frown.gif. sigh.

-John-
[right][snapback]213844[/snapback][/right]

Why not?
Kwanza26
QUOTE(raven_101 @ Nov 29, 2004 - 7:37 AM)
QUOTE(Mynzeyes @ Nov 29, 2004 - 7:28 AM)

-John-
[right][snapback]213844[/snapback][/right]

Why not?
[right][snapback]213849[/snapback][/right]

John's engine had problems...

As far as the drivetrain goes... what John describes only applies if you're gonna run the E51 (4AGZE) transaxle. If you use the 7AFE tranny (C52)... there will be no significant modifications to the axles or tranny mount.
Coomer
Kwanza, in your opinion, do you think the 7A-FE's C52 would be able to withstand the power from a 4A-GZE for an extended period of time?
Kwanza26
QUOTE(Coomer @ Nov 30, 2004 - 12:06 AM)
Kwanza, in your opinion, do you think the 7A-FE's C52 would be able to withstand the power from a 4A-GZE for an extended period of time?
[right][snapback]214175[/snapback][/right]

If it can handle a turbo... yeah. 4AGZE's only make about 140-150 ft lbs of torque to the wheels at around 12 psi so the torque won't absolutely kill the tranny or anything like that... but it will slightly reduce the life of the tranny. The greatest concern is with the synchros... mainly the 5th gear synchro which is notorious for the "5th gear pop"...
Sev408
yeah well im rocking the 3rd gear grind at 4.5k rpms. and its pissing me off. some days it will do it other days it wont, when i put my coilovers on im going to change the trans fluid to BG synchro shift. its supposedly the best transfluid for transmissions with synchro problems. it gets more lube and what not on it and stops it from grinding.

on topic talk to faqdaworld he is doing the swap now.
Coomer
I didn't like B.G. Synchro Shift III when I tried it in my C-52. I'm having better luck with B&M fully synthetic Trick Shift ATF. smile.gif
Mr2swift
You will be fine with the C52 trans, however freeway cruising will result in higher rpms with the C series tranny. If you can use the E series trans then this will be your best option. I would suggest that you try all your avenues when mounting the trans. For years people thought you could not use the E series trans on the 85-86 Mr2, but recently people discovered how to get it to work. Instead of using the tranny mount BRACKET from the E series, the C series mounting bracket on the E series trans enables you to clear the suspension. It took years to figure this out. What I am saying it try all avenues first with the E series trans starting with bolting the C series trans braket to the E series transmission and try all different mounts. Thats 7 series mounts and 4 series mounts. Toyota is so interchangeable, but it is up to us that are experimenting with these swaps to try all avenues and give the proper feedback. I can promise you this, if word gets back that you can not do something in a swap then that premise will be the rule of thumb and may not be accurate if no one has exhausted all avenues.

By the way, I am running the C52 on my 4agze and I am pumping out 200+ to the wheels.

Ron (951) 283-3778
Motors Unlimited
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.