Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3sfe engine
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
celicer
Ok just out of curiousity the 3sfe engine is the same basic model as the celica altrac engine so i think anyways correct me if i am wrong, but my question is if i put a 3sfe engine into my celica and ugrade it to the turbo could i just put the manifold and turbo and intercooler. ect on my car and not have to do the rest of the engine or is it completely different from the altrack engine because i know the altrack turbo engine has different injecors ..ect. thanx
Supersprynt
huh? no, 3sfe isnt in USDMs, but it is in a toyota paseo, and is a 1.6L I think? The Alltrac is a 3sGTE.

Do u have an SS1?

celicer
yes i do realize that the altrack engine is the 3sgte but the 3sfe engine is the 2.0 litre engine CELICA 2.0L ENGINE -3SFE and the 1.6 litre i am prettysure is the 4afe engine i thnk so anyways. i guess the way i worded that was completely wrong. i should just be asking if there is a great difference between the 5sfe which i have in my car and the 3sfe 2.0 litre engine? sorry about the way i worded that.
Supersprynt
oh eright i dont think there would be a terrible difference I would suspect that the exhaust manifold would fit.
celicer
like i mean that is just what i have read. i mean it could very well be wrong i dunno.
xonethug
QUOTE(celicer @ Nov 30, 2004 - 11:50 PM)
like i mean that is just what i have read. i mean it could very well be wrong i dunno.
[right][snapback]214855[/snapback][/right]

i have a 98 celica. it has a 3sfe . and yes it is 2.0 16 V and some how i think its very fast ...
im living in U.A.E so these are the onle ones that were sold here . left hand drives manual gear.
i want to know if anyone has the 3sfe engine in a 6gen celica.

you can check my profile and how fast it is ..and how it looks !!
_rz_
Maybe I got this topic all wrong but heres what I know.
I have a 3sfe in my celica. And all of the guys here have them, or 3sge or 3sgte.

The blocks of 3s engines are all the same no differences at all. The head of the 3sfe and 3sge\gte engines are different (twin cam). So the exhaust manifold from a 3sgte will not fit a 3sfe. The oil pan is also different on a 3sgte since it has an oil return line.

The transmision also differs between 3sfe and 3sge\gte. There are also different ECU's

Well hope theres some usefull info for 'ya.
Kwanza26
QUOTE(_rz_ @ Dec 4, 2004 - 8:24 PM)
Maybe I got this topic all wrong but heres what I know.
I have a 3sfe in my celica. And all of the guys here have them, or 3sge or 3sgte.

The blocks of 3s engines are all the same no differences at all. The head of the 3sfe and 3sge\gte engines are different (twin cam). So the exhaust manifold from a 3sgte will not fit a 3sfe. The oil pan is also different on a 3sgte since it has an oil return line.

The transmision also differs between 3sfe and 3sge\gte. There are also different ECU's

Well hope theres some usefull info for 'ya.
[right][snapback]216809[/snapback][/right]

Correct... but not all the way correct either. The exhaust manifolds do fit. There is little variation beween different S series motors. The blocks are similar... but not identical either.
SSJChar
ill bring this thread up so not to make my own. my car has a jdm 3sfe swapped into it, so no 5sfe. what would i need to do in order to swap on a 3sge head? i don't really want to go turbo because i assume going NA would be much less of a headache, and cheaper too. so basically i have the 3s block, but with an FE head, but i also have a spare 3sgt ecu(which if needed, i could use for the ge head).
Kwanza26
QUOTE(SSJChar @ Aug 31, 2005 - 11:01 PM)
ill bring this thread up so not to make my own.  my car has a jdm 3sfe swapped into it, so no 5sfe.  what would i need to do in order to swap on a 3sge head?  i don't really want to go turbo because i assume going NA would be much less of a headache, and cheaper too.  so basically i have the 3s block, but with an FE head, but i also have a spare 3sgt ecu(which if needed, i could use for the ge head).
[right][snapback]329914[/snapback][/right]

Pistons, rods, much of the bottom-end is different between the 3SFE and 3SGE. I don't know the prices over there... but here, it'll be much cheaper to just buy a used 3SGE and swap it in.
SSJChar
mm ic. thats too bad. too bad though, i wouldn't mind the extra 30 odd hp.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.