Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone try Engine Restorer & Lubricant?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
exxtractor
Engine Restorer
Review

Anway figured I'd give it a shot since the 7A (115,000 mi) is consuming about a quart every 1500 miles. The stuff is purple, give you guys an update if the oil consumptions is reduced.
Bigmeanbulldog55
A friend of mine bought a big kit with oil, radiator, and maybe tranny fuild restor thing. I can't remember how much he said it was, but he did say it worked great. He put it in a little 80something dodge pickup. If your going to do it, go all the way and get all the stuff. As far as though oil restore things, most are usually just thinkiner. I sugest finding the leak and fixing it. I don't care how much money you have, or don't have, fixing that leak should be the first thing you do.
Digndoug
Yeah my engine burns oil after 2000k every oil change, so every time i just use like risonline.. which really just thickens it.. but it helps alot, and is only an extra 3 bucks per oil change.
playr158
i used it great stuff!!
spunky393
i think i'm going to try it out, the review was ok, i'll look around of course. I would like to know what Kwanza has to say about it. But, every morning that i have to do a stone-cold startup, a little puff of blue, and that's all i see untill i have another stone-cold start.
Bigmeanbulldog55
Thats water in your engine. That's bad.
soltrain
hmm. I thought that puff of blue smoke was old/leaking valve seals - a common problem that really isn't very harmful. ..

I've got it as well..
spunky393
i must admit, i've never heard such a thing as "water in your engine" creating blue smoke. Thought it was just the valve seals or scratches in the cyl. walls causing the oil leak
spunky393
stupid flood control thing
Bigmeanbulldog55
Well, that's what I've heard. I can't remember were. It's one of those things that you hear and then always assume it's right. I've never really even thought about it. Probably not true. I guess that's way you shouldn't take one person's word on anything. Either way, the leak needs to be fixed.
Actually, little bit of water in your combustion chamber cleans up the carbon buildup as it burns off... And.. Yeah.. Or something..
BBoYRuGGeD
oil additives are pretty helpful actually. my friend uses it on his 165k miles 3000gt and i use to use it on my hyundai accent awhile back. my old car use to burn oil like crazy and oil additives helped alot. dont try that fuel system cleaner tho, the grime will just wash up then build up on 1 particular spot, ur cat converter. well i think thats what my mechanic said biggrin.gif
Batman722
I just picked up a couple of cans at the Dollar Store biggrin.gif I added 2 cans today
Two cans?
Batman722
why not ? at a buck each you can't go wrong biggrin.gif I was low a quart of oil anyway
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.