Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So my car is an exploding hemorrhage
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Yota
As if I needed just one more problem this week, I was sure enough to get it...

So I get home from taking 2 finals today. I noticed that where I had parked in my driveway this morning, there was an oil spot. This makes the 4th oil spot created from my celica this year...

Not only that, but after a handful of explicitives, I opened the hood and found mouse poop in the engine bay! All I could utter out was "Double-U....Tee....Eff"

So after I cleaned that out and searched for any nests, I took the car down to the garage and got it up on a hoist. My mechanic is guessing I gotta bad cam seal. Great... He says that I should be fine until spring when I plan to swap the motor, but I shouldn't drive it hard and only take it to places I need to go (so no passtime drives). I also should keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't ever misfire, because that would be an indication that I am starting to get a head gasket problem?

So far, I've had problems with oil in these spots: Oil pan gasket, valvle cover gasket (twice), Water Pump/timing belt, cam seal..

Now it seems to be nip & tuck while I wait for spring and my funds to build back up so I can finish gathering parts for the swap. Hopefully the motor won't pop in the meantime...

All I have to get is gauges, boost controller, S-AFC2, custom axles, clutch kit, and more money for labor...

I HATE the 7AFE motor that resides in my car...I'm so pissed...
ghostdog
sorry to hear about that man. if its any comfort .. I like your coupe smile.gif
Maybe a mouse chewed an oil line?
Coomer
That sucks. How many miles are on your engine?

I'd put off buying the S-AFC2 until the car is running probably. That saves you some waiting time. wink.gif

Oh yeah, don't forget to check your oil very often.
Lacs21
yeah man add me to the club
I just found I have $400 worth of oil leaks.
Crzybakerdog
my celica has been leaking oil pretty regualrly when i drive it as well. I have 170k now on the car most of it was put on by highway driving. is there some indication that i can check for under the engine to see where it is leaking all the oil that it does. Also when i try starting the car it stalls then after a few turns it just starts up very unexpectedly but it still starts up. I dont want to lose this baby right now as i am broke and starting in college. hopefully i can keep the amount of money for upkeep on her low cause im not making any money as it is.
Yota
Ghost: Thanks man, its always some comfort to hear a compliment about your ride!

Newbie: I don't think it was a mouse that chewed through an oil line. Oddly enough, I haven't seen another drop of oil on the ground yet (I haven't been looking that hard though)

Coomer: 84,000 is the mileage. You're probably right about putting off the S-AFC2. But either way I am not going to swap until spring hits because soon enough, I'd be starting another thread about how I wrecked the car with the new motor because I wasn't used to it! lol I'll have money to buy it by the time I'm ready to swap. I check my oil about every 3 days and fill it accodringly. Today, it really didn't seem to be any lower than yesterday so thats a good thing.

Lacs21: Lemme know what needs to be replaced man, maybe we can fret about it together...haha

Crzybakerdog: Man, the best advice for this that I can give you, is take it to your local, most trustworthy mechanic and have him throw the car in the air for ya. although my mechanic HATES imports, he's still real good about diagnosing the problem and showing me what to look for and why it probably happened.. Obviously, if you gotta leak from the oil pan gasket, you know that the oil is seeping out from where the pan meet the block. Now, in my cam seal issue, I was noticing that the oil was dripping from my splash gaurd in the exact same place my water pump was leaking from... Every case will be different but just get the car up on a lift and get a good look at everything and go from there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.