Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: sorry if this has been asked 100x but...
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
PaulMK
Hey guys, i'm new to these forums, but i'll start out i got a '94 celica ST at the beginning of october after finally giving up on my 87 jeep wrangler. Anyways, now with christmas just about out of the way i was thinking about getting an exhaust for my car so i was wondering what the "best" way to go about this would be. Would it be easier to buy a kit? go custom? any help would be greatly appreciated and any and all details would be appreciated, i'm not that car smart frown.gif

i've heard some people mention the greddy SP, anyone have a clue of how good it is and where i could find one, i've checked acouple sites and noone seems to have stuff for my car frown.gif
nk_pimpin18
i got my custom made for $110. I used 2.25 inch pipes. I dont think you need andy bigger ones then that.
Drocay
nope 2.25 should be great. 110 thats cheap is it mandrel or crush.
funnyboy117

The GReddy SP has been discontinued, and it would be cheaper to get it custom made. 2.25 should be good, don't go anything bigger because it's not necessary unless you are planning on turboing, and I believe HKS made the most popular muffler? I don't remember exactly what it was, whichever is used in racing applications.
PaulMK
yeah, i was thinking about it today, i think after christmas, sometime mid january i'm gonna take it to my local exhaust shop and see what they'll charge for a custom 2.25" piping and that was gonna be my next question. What would be a good muffler to get and where could i get one??
Kwanza26
QUOTE(PaulMK @ Dec 17, 2004 - 4:22 AM)
yeah, i was thinking about it today, i think after christmas, sometime mid january i'm gonna take it to my local exhaust shop and see what they'll charge for a custom 2.25" piping and that was gonna be my next question. What would be a good muffler to get and where could i get one??
[right][snapback]222622[/snapback][/right]

Something straight flow. Any generic performance muffler should be fine, but you can spend more for a brand name too. I always glass pack my exhausts cause I don't like the loudness... but whatever works for you.
PaulMK
ok, cool, thanks alot for the help biggrin.gif like i said tho, not until after christmas, prolly end of january, beginning to mid february, i'm looking at getting some rims first, hopefully by the end of january.
nk_pimpin18
i dont know what it was made of but they custom bent it and made it firt good. it was 110 plus i had to buy a muffler
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.