Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 02 sensor question
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Broham
My 02 sensor is not responding well and when i checked it it looks like there is a plastic or metal sheet missing underneath the car. My question is where can i get a plastic or metal sheet to place underneath the 02 sensor to prevent from exposure to elements and wind. can the 02 sensor go bad due to too much wind exposure?
mikew04
the actual sensor is in the exhuast manifold or exhuast pipe. as long as the wire isnt deteriorating it should be fine. silicone is what kills O2 sensors prematurally
FallenHero
Question. Are all toyota O2 sensors the same? New they are like... 140 each, but I could get a them from a new damaged toyota for like.. nothing at all.

Also, do all ST's have 2 O2 sensors or did the 94-95 OBD1 celicas come with just one O2?
presure2
QUOTE(FallenHero @ Jan 4, 2005 - 3:33 PM)
Question.  Are all toyota O2 sensors the same? New they are like... 140 each, but I could get a them from a new damaged toyota for like.. nothing at all.

Also, do all ST's have 2 O2 sensors or did the 94-95 OBD1 celicas come with just one O2?
[right][snapback]229859[/snapback][/right]

i dont know about the ST's but the GT 94-95 only has one UNLESS you have california emmisons. (mine does)
nik
my OBD 1 94 ST has 2 O2 sensors one on the manifold and one before the cat
Supersprynt
QUOTE(Broham @ Jan 2, 2005 - 5:27 PM)
My 02 sensor is not responding well and when i checked it it looks like there is a plastic or metal sheet missing underneath the car.  My question is where can i get a plastic or metal sheet to place underneath the 02 sensor to prevent from exposure to elements and wind.  can the 02 sensor go bad due to too much wind exposure?
[right][snapback]229128[/snapback][/right]

Explain how its not responding well. Are you running rich or lean now or something?
S_C_M
My '95 ST had 2 sensors, one in the exhaust manifold/primary cat, and one before the secondary converter (under the car). It is not a CA-emissions car.

FallenHero: At one point I was running a universal 1-wire O2 sensor that I got for just over $40. If you can find one at the local parts store with the proper flange and aren't afraid of some splicing, it will work.
FallenHero
i was just going to get a newer 02 off of a newer car that is being parted out.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.