Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tranny goin bad
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
marcusk
Took my car into a shop today to check out why my car was makin a grinding noise after i shift, they said i have a bearing goin bad in the transmission and its gonna cost over $1000 to fix..how ****ty is that
lagos
just buy a used tranny from someone and swap it in

also, you can try filling it with pensoil synchromesh... it has fixed many grinding problems for people.
marcusk
Ive been reading some of the other members problems w/ their transmissions and have noticed that other people have had the same problem, when i engage the clutch then it starts rumbling, i thought it may be the throw out bearing, but the guy that quoted me said it wasnt cause it would continue to make the sound when the clutch was disengaged. what do you guys thing? could it be a bad throwout bearing, also about the synchromesh i havent had the tranny fluid changed in a long time so do you think i would stop this type of problem, the rumbling started after i put it in storage for 4 months so i dunno
marcusk
also my car only has 58000 miles on it and ive driven it so lightly...so the tranny shouldnt be messed up already
lagos
another thing you can try is adjusting the clutch pedal hight and freeplay. you would be amazed how much something like that can change the shifting feel of the car.
bufferdan
Change the gear oil and put some pennzoil synchromesh... I high doubt your tranny is bad at 58k miles. You also said it started after sitting for awhile...Transmissions dont just do bad from sitting.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.