Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: exhaust sytem overhaul
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
4wheelWOnder
I have a few questions........firstly the chassis codes for my curren say that it is st206, yet, has two engine codes on it (3s-fe/4s-fe)...........just wondering, that if i do want to do an "exhasut sys. overhaul" what type of engine code should i work with, and also i seem to have a 94 model curren. So basically what im asking is, What model of the celica (including engine and chassis), should i use to compare to my curren, in order to buy parts for it.......thanks in advance all, and peace....
playr158
why are you doing an "exhaust overhaul?" there is no such thing.....
you go to a shop get a muffler, and take it and have a 2.25" exhaust made

shid
Yeah, just get custom exhaust on it done; to find out what engine you have pop the hood and read the sticker smile.gif

Also, what year curren is it?
Jaws4God
QUOTE(playr158 @ Jan 8, 2005 - 6:46 AM)
why are you doing an "exhaust overhaul?" there is no such thing.....
you go to a shop get a muffler, and take it and have a 2.25" exhaust made
[right][snapback]231308[/snapback][/right]

How much would it cost to have a shop do a 2.25" mandrel bent from the cat back?

do they sound good without the resonator?
playr158
#1 LEAVE THE RESONATOR

#2 it can run around 200-800$ for a custom one made
also you need to shop around for a good muffler which can get into the 300$ range too
Jaws4God
QUOTE(playr158 @ Feb 27, 2005 - 8:20 PM)
#1 LEAVE THE RESONATOR

#2 it can run around 200-800$ for a custom one made
also you need to shop around for a good muffler which can get into the 300$ range too
[right][snapback]250802[/snapback][/right]

I will be getting a muffler from a friend that sounds really good..

so should i do the 2.25" piping from the resonator back?

why should i leave the resonator in?
Drocay
i suggest 2.25 from header back and just put in a resonator.
playr158
aite goes like this
get a header made not sure which size the place should knoow i think its like 1-1.5" down pipe of 2.25" to the cat
from cat back 2.25" then muffler
but leave the resonator in
navyfc
the resonator quiets the sound, and makes it sound so much better. Instead of sounding like a pissed off weed eater on crack it sounds more like a car.
playr158
hey i like my pissed weed eater
lol

i gotta put one back in
Jaws4God
I wasn't wanting to spend a bunch of money on this though.... My friend suggested that i just run a 2.25" pipe from the cat back to the exhaust he's giving me... but that sounds a little too expensive for me....

I am guessing that i can just install this muffler on the stock exhaust and hope that it sounds decent.

Have you guys ever turned on your celica without the muffler on it... I was shocked that its not loud.... It doesn't even seem like we need mufflers..
playr158
defgeph ran the 1/4 mile against me without one it really isn't bad

but yea just get a cat-back like he says i was quoted at like 300$ for that but that was a lil much
Jaws4God
yeah that is a little much for what i was wanting to pay.... i may just through on the muffler and hope that it sounds decent

thank you for everyones input
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.