Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Supra Fuel Pump
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Yota
Is there a specific year model of a Supra fuel pump that needs to be used for the 3sgte swap? I saw on ebay that there is one for a 1984-1992 model supra and another for the 1993-1998 model. Is there a difference between the two models?

97sccelica
get the newer one
jgreening
And get the one for the TT - not the N/A.
Yota
Great, Thanks guys!
rjbibeau
it's the 93-98 supra but i heard your supposed to get the N/A becuase the TT one sits crooked in the mount.
rjbibeau
bump....
Yota
That brings a good point, can anyone clarify this before I buy the wrong one? biggrin.gif
jgreening
93-98 Supra TT
rjbibeau
QUOTE(jgreening @ Jan 9, 2005 - 7:41 AM)
93-98 Supra TT
[right][snapback]231548[/snapback][/right]

have you installed that one in your car? did you have any problems with it fitting?
jgreening
I purchased the walbro for the Supra TT which was installed and removed because it was defective. I have since bought a Toyota Supra TT waiting to be installed. Other people have also bought the Walbro - Kuya1284, Lagos, Mina, just to name a few. It fits.
rjbibeau
was the fitment allright with your pump?
frotou
I have the walbro 255 lph listed for the 7mgte in mine , fit with little modifications. Just be sure to have an "forced induction model" , a fuel pump is a fuel pump .

Claude
rjbibeau
cool thanks man.
rjbibeau
does the plug snap right into the stock harness?
frotou
For me , I have weld the new plug , I don't know for the 93-99 model .....
rjbibeau
what do you mean you had to weld it?
frotou
Weld the two wires (red and black) with the new plug .
nik
do you guys mean solder
rjbibeau
ya i think they mean solder i'm like what weld for real...
97sccelica
soldering wires that have been enclosed in a gas tank for all their life

hrm

the instructions say not to and to just use the splices that the kit comes with.
frotou
Humm , yeah, solder the wires, sorry ... frown.gif
nik
QUOTE(97sccelica @ Jan 13, 2005 - 10:16 PM)
soldering wires that have been enclosed in a gas tank for all their life

hrm

the instructions say not to and to just use the splices that the kit comes with.
[right][snapback]233588[/snapback][/right]

i just used the connecters that came with my walbro pump biggrin.gif but then i used srink wrap also
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.