Im looking for the hp numbers on stock and modded swapped engines

Im looking for
Rebuilt 7a-fe(like edo's)
Rebuilt 7a-fte
7a-ge
7a-gze
4a-ge
4a-gze

The hp and tq of these stock and modded if possiable would be great im trying to deiced the best route to go. i would like to go without doing the 3s-gte but that is also a chance but i already n othe numbers on that
Kwanza26
There are no such things as numbers for modified and custom built engines. It highly depends on set-up and tuning.

As for the two stock motors on your list... 4AGE is rated from 110hp to 165hp depending on which. Bigport light internal 16Vs are about 112-117hp, bigport heavy internal 16Vs are about 110 hp, smallports are about 130 hp, 20V silvertops are rated at 160 (closer to 140-150hp), and 20V blacktops are about 160-165 hp. As for the 4AGZE, the 1st gen bigport 4AGZE with low-comp and AFM are about 145 hp, the 2nd gen bigport 4AGZE with more boost higher compression and MAP is about 165hp, and the final version 4AGZE smallport with MAP and DLI is 170 hp...
FallenHero
Bang for the buck: you cannot beat a 7afte. Less wiring, more people have done it and can help you, if done right, just as reliable as the others and more than 20whp above any of the others you have listed.. Plus, the torque doesn't even compare to the rest.

My second choice would be the 7age with proper internals and some nice cams. Run that with ITB's and you will be in freakin good shape. This engine would be the most reliable and economical.

I personally wouldn't rebuild a 7a for NA... the head design and lack of parts is a real problem that cannot redily be fixed. The 4ags are all 1.6ltr. The NA 16 valve engines are a bit weak for my tastes unless you do serious work to them. And I do mean serious. They are great in rollas and such because of the light weight. But with the added weight of a Celica... The 20v's I respect. Especially the black top. It'd be a really fun engine to have. Wiring would be a pain though.
Digndoug
What about the 7a-gTe ?? swap the 4age head, replace internals and then turbo.
FallenHero
QUOTE(Digndoug @ Jan 25, 2005 - 1:40 PM)
What about the 7a-gTe ?? swap the 4age head, replace internals and then turbo.
[right][snapback]238172[/snapback][/right]

Unless you are looking for 250whp,,, don't bother. The design of the 7a head is great for boost, just not for NA. Swapping the GE head probably would make more power.... but if you are boosting you are boosting. And a 7a with 180-200whp is fine with me.
Exile04
i emant like possiable numbers on modded like maxs and stuff like that if it makes sense
Kwanza26
QUOTE(Exile04 @ Jan 26, 2005 - 4:46 AM)
i emant like possiable numbers on modded like maxs and stuff like that if it makes sense
[right][snapback]238401[/snapback][/right]

Max depends on the amount of boost... amount of boost depends on the turbo... the turbo depends on $$$... put that together now.

Seriously... there are no such things as "install this and make such and such amount of HP"... It really doesn't work like that with forced induction. The only way to figure your approximate power per mod, is to dyno and tune every single modification. Not a lot of people do that. Even then, the dyno readings never repeat themselves, tuning is never the same, so numbers are never certain. You can say things like a 7AGTE might make more horsepower pound for pound against a 7AFTE but will make less torque... but if you're looking for specific horsepower numbers... you probably won't find anything that is consistant...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.