Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is there something wrong with my celi?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
qban537
hey guys great website i find it very useful....around what temp should the fan on the engine come on? this is somethig that worried me since yesterday i left the car idling for a while and the fan didnt turn on ...and today i when i got home i checked 2 times and the fan wasnt on ...the temp gage is usually below the half mark but today it was on the half and the fan was still not working.... any ideas pls? another thing with the temp is when its a bit cool outside and im on the highway the temp gage marks just a little over the bottom line..... and as soon as i hit regualr traffic it goes up..... i know this temp changes cant be good can it? any one have any ideas?

thanx in advance.
forkee
interesting......on the contrary, mine is always on when the car is on. i think its the relays, check the box towards the front passenger's side of the engine compartment near the radiator. its a pain in the ass to take out (relays), just to warn u, lol.
qban537
yea its wierd btw i have a 94 gt just in case it makes any difference both fans do turn on when i turn on the ac tho but i mean in no way is the temp stable highway it drops and street goes to the middle thanx for the reply im goin to check the relay right now just in case
sphinx
I re-wiered mine directly. Now it's turns on the moment I turn the switch to "ON"
qban537
why did u do that? any way i can tell for sure if the fan is or isnt workin? i ran the car today for a like 5-10 mins at high revs see if it got hotter.. but other than that i have no idea ...
lucius
my celica does the same thing...i dont know if the fans are turning on or not ive been meaning to check. but if im driving all slow on city streets or in rush hour traffic my temp gauge cranks way up but if im cruisin' down the highway its usually straight on the "C"
Anub1s
My car stays right in the middle on the temp guage and the fans only kick on when needed, computer manages it. I would definitely check the relays/fuses.
qban537
glad to hear im not the only one thats the exact same problem i got ...if its a problem we got no idea do we?
rjbibeau
check the fan sensor there's one on ebay to see what it looks like. look under 5sfe.
turboinduction
Sounds odd guys, but I ran into this myself.

I found it awkward when my car nor my buddies Civic had fans come on. Found out that its just a nice temp outside. Took 45 minutes during the noon hour to spin the fan on the Civic. My came on alot sooner because it runs hotter. I wouldn't worry unless your temp gauges starts going above half. Half is normal. Also keep in mind, one fan is a cooler, the other is A/C.

It is January guys wink.gif
-Ti
LatinKraze
Our fans kick in when needed if we are on the street or stationary. Since we are getting plenty of cool air while on the highway the temp would naturaly go down a bit.
qban537
yea the relays are a bitch to take out ( still not out) but would the fans not work if the realy was bad? mine both turn on when i turn on the ac btw might be january but still 80 outside ... :S what is puzzling tho is if the fan really isnt turning on ...why isnt the temp gettin higher? ...i think ima give up on this one and just ride it out lol thanx for all the replies
qban537
btw the temp doesnt go down a "bit" it goes down significantly like lucius said....
LatinKraze
I was speaking of the guage. It does not measure exact temp, as we all know, but it does go down a bit.

Sorry if I worded my previous statement incorrectly.
Rjb23
Why would you wire your fan to run all the time? My car stays at half in the winter or the summer time, when the car is warmed up. My fan comes on when I let my car idle for 10 minutes or so, and it only runs when it needs to run. If your fan wasn't coming on at all your car would probably be overheating.
Hanyo
check your thermostat. You can by ones that control how hot/cool your car runs. If the temp drops too much then it could be your therostat gettting stuck open.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.