Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine swap!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
qban537
Ok. i will be changing my cars engine (94 GT) the question is which one should i put in ? i dont want to spend much money so what would be my best option?

i found a place here in miami that imports Engines from japan but all they could tell me was that its a japanese engine from a japanse celica ... for 350 if i pick it up. i think he netioned being 100 something HP.
so its this "japanese engine" better than the stock GT engine?

thanx for any info.
LatinKraze
JDM engine types:

http://www.6gc.net/index.php?action=information&itu=13

Engine Swap info:

http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1448

Read up brotha, good luck.
qban537
agreed so lets assume this jap. engine is a 3sge without vvti? is just a drop in or minimal work? im looking for aroune 2500 dollars in total.
playr158
it should "drop-in" motor mount wise put it will NOT "drop-in" electrical and the rest wise

you will have to do a wiring harness and probably much more
so i'd say average amount of work since it will be just as hard as a 3sgte just no turbo and for 2500$ hmmmm reallllly hard to finish with in that $ limit
qban537
alright fair enought
thanx for the replies!
Mr2swift
My advice is if you do not wish to loose money time and or completely sell your car and or project or both, then buy a front clip and a front clip only for what ever you wish to swap in. Gt models should look towards the 3sge or 3sgte and the st owners should look towards a 4agze. Both are solid engines and both will give you the feel you are looking for coming off of N/A's. I believe this should be the rule of thumb for all members if they are looking for a relatively bolt in swap with MINIMAL if any modifications. Please keep in mind that one will need to rewiring into their existing Efi know matter what swap they choose. There is no reference yet, but we have customers as we speak performing swaps and documenting the wiring. This is a fairly new forum, but there will soon be many people with these swaps and more and more info on how to perform them will be forth coming.

Ron (951) 283-3778
Motors Unlimited

Ron (951) 283-3778
Motors Unlimited
easternpiro1
Hey guys, im a celica owner and i DONT want to get rid of my baby! I have a 1994 st and im looking for MORE POWER im in the same posiition as qban , but i may be able to afford a 3sgte, but the shops around here over charge, is there anyonenear charlotte NC that is Celica savvy? biggrin.gif
playr158
hmmm if you don't mind the lil drive into VA/PA lagos and a few others are around the east coast

OH big edit
if you want a 3sgte swap from a ST you want to send your 7afe harness and full 3sgte harness to DGPERFORMANCE
he can do it and is in PA
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.