Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Wheels....
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Mr_E
Remember those 18" Racing Hart multipiece CRs that I splashed out on a while back? The deal of the century?

Hurrah!

user posted image

Remember we discussed the old "clearing the calipers" thing?

Ah. Bugger.

user posted image

Bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger.

mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

And further more, bugger.

I tried 5mm shims. Not even close. I tried 10mm shims. No dice.

I can comprehensively say that 18x8 racing Hart CRs do not fit on a ST205. The brakes on this thing are stupidly big. This is only a bad thing when you have damn near 2 grand of wheels and tyres you're trying to fit.

Which is a shame, because they looked rather good. Flat spokes seem to be the problem.

Can anyone suggest a decent set of wheels that are strong, light and we know clear the brakes? And would suit a red ST205?

I'm about to open a beer.
jgreening
Wheels are hot. My vote is for 15mm spacers.
lagos
damn, your making me want to buy 18s now.

what offset are those? what size are the tires?
Mr_E
QUOTE(jgreening @ Feb 5, 2005 - 10:19 AM)
Wheels are hot.  My vote is for 15mm spacers.
[right][snapback]242332[/snapback][/right]

Nah. Will alter the geometry too much I think, and wreck the handling. And, it will make the wheels sit proud from the bodywork. Which is illegal here.

I'm looking at Kei Racing 'Force 10s'. Silver or Hyperblack....
neoklis
my O.Z. Vellas are beautiful. They are 17 x 8 's but look huge as there is no hub. And there is like an inch clearance to the calibers. its all about offset. Heck i will be needing to get new tyres soon and i am thinking 245x17x45 (i hate low profile as we dont have the roads for it) I currently have 225 Potenzas.
And to get to the point. Its all about offset. My Velas are a bit heavy but they were even cheaper than those b.s. chinese ones out here. Supertourismo 2 are also great if you like multispoke.
Consynx
wow, that's crazy...
i kind of agree on the spacer, but i dont know what the offset of the stockers are and what the offset of the new wheels are, as well as the width(new and old)...

but im guessing you already compared :\
sux man...maybe you can make profit off of the wheels???
SlowCelica94
You know who makes big nice wheels? Volk. I may be able to get you a deal, PM me
Mr_E
Offset was fine. It's just the spoke design and the huge calipers on my car.

QUOTE(SlowCelica94 @ Feb 5, 2005 - 12:14 PM)
You know who makes big nice wheels? Volk. I may be able to get you a deal, PM me
[right][snapback]242368[/snapback][/right]

I suspect 5000miles of shipping might bump the price up a little.

Thanks anyway though man.
97sccelica
damn that sucks

doesnt look like you could grind down the calipers too much either(my friend did it on his 240z)
Jdog1385
damn, they look real good...too bad. so what are you going to do with them? if you do sell, i might want them.
Mr_E
QUOTE(Jdog1385 @ Feb 5, 2005 - 1:28 PM)
damn, they look real good...too bad.  so what are you going to do with them?  if you do sell, i might want them.
[right][snapback]242407[/snapback][/right]

Selling them. Yours for £1000. Plus shipping and taxes.

Please note. I live in "the rest of the world".....

wink.gif
Jdog1385
hahaha, yea i gotta see what the shipping would be on that.
popstar
Blin fella frown.gif

they look so sorted.......... ok so you can't return them, but isn't there a wheel/tire place near you that could sort you some part x on them ????

i think i would have said a bit more than that....... plus shed some tears no doubt...............

but, after having 'both' door windows smash the other weekend, just for a cheap radio.... i got my windows back in saturday at -15...... it's this balance thing mate, you'll find some better ones and get a better price on them, you'll see.....
Mr_E
smile.gif

Wheels are already sold mate. SuperLeggras look good for clearance of calipers.
doGGy
NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

You should go with 5Zigens GN+..............

Super legeras are Cool as hell... but they are like Versace suit... look simple and only the ones who know what is this will say WoW smile.gif

Anyway, good luck m8 smile.gif

QUOTE(Mr_E @ Feb 7, 2005 - 3:43 AM)
smile.gif

Wheels are already sold mate. SuperLeggras look good for clearance of calipers.
[right][snapback]242887[/snapback][/right]

Mr_E
QUOTE(doGGy @ Feb 7, 2005 - 6:52 AM)

Super legeras are Cool as hell... but they are like Versace suit... look simple and only the ones who know what is this will say WoW smile.gif

And that is, I think, exactly why I like them. I don't do bling.
doGGy
good choise, ang good style smile.gif GN+ arent bling bling... they are true racing breed, JDM style and etc... but they are to common... frown.gif

QUOTE(Mr_E @ Feb 7, 2005 - 7:52 AM)
QUOTE(doGGy @ Feb 7, 2005 - 6:52 AM)

And that is, I think, exactly why I like them. I don't do bling.
[right][snapback]242932[/snapback][/right]

Mr_E
wink.gif

Let's see what prices come up like.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.