Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mods: Prices, power increase
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
vykiod
I've got an entirely stock 1997 GT. I want it be a sleeper., so no exterior stuff. I know about the 3g-ste and 3g-se swap. But whats the price on that, with estimated installation. Same with some turbo kits. But what else is there? CAI's? how much hp would i gain. exhaust? same thing. Anything else you guys can think of would help. I want to spend as little as possible, but still get some power out of the car.
SlowCelica94
Good for you, you're one of the only people on this site that don't whack off to bodykits.

Celica sleeper eh? Well if you wanna go fast, a 3s would be the easiest way. It'd be around 5 grand w/ installation. Also, you need supporting mods like a turbo timer, manual boost controler, boost gauge, 3 inch exhuast ,ect. Some shops will include this junk, other may not.

If you don't have 5 grand, you can turbo your current engine. That would be good enough to run hi to mid 14s if you're a good driver. As for price, um...around 2 grand if you do it yourself. It'd be good for you to learn to do this stuff yourself. It's not hard.

As for an intake, you would only see around 2-3 hp. Bout the same on exhaust. Our engines suck for bolt ons. Hey, there's always nitrous. Worked fine for me.
Consynx
a CAI and exhaust are not the quick way to a fast car.
going pure boost or pure NA is where it's at...
slow covered main ideas, but yea...the searches will be the best way to get idea of what kind of power gains come from stuff...(aka itchy's 5S turbo, or lagos/DG/SS's 3S swap 1/4times(not sure if any have dyno...i know there's more, but there's too many tongue.gif )

btw, i wouldn't get a 3S without being willing to swap a 3S if the car was a daily driver unless you had a shop do it that has done the swap before.
i haven't done the swap, so i could be wrong, but i would expect little problems for the first few months
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.