Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ct20b on a ct26 TE mani
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
urbandork
Im pretty sure but not totally so i figued id ask. A ct20b will bolt on to a ct26 twin entry manifold right? its the sngle entry that it wont work with.

Also other then faster spooling what else does the ct20b and its ceramic blades have to offer?

thanks.
Supersprynt
Yes the CT20 will bolt onto the manifold. The JDM turbos come with ceramic blades, so the JDM CT26 has ceramic also. The CT20b has increased CFM so it can flow more air and it can hold boost til redline, the CT26 kinda kicks out at 6K.

CT20 is a very nice turbo, I myself am trying to pick one up.
FallenHero
what did the CT20 come stock on?
sphinx
QUOTE(FallenHero @ Feb 14, 2005 - 1:54 PM)
what did the CT20 come stock on?
[right][snapback]245914[/snapback][/right]

3rd gen 3sgte
Doge
the ct20b has a ceramic turbine (exhaust) wheel and a steel compressor wheel... the ct26 has a steel wheel on both sides. When the ct26 says "ceramic" on it, it is in MOST cases refereing to the compressor wheel being ceramic COATED. Which increases the heat transfer rate on the compressor wheel. The ct20b will bolt directly on to the 2nd gen 3sgte manifold (though it will have one additional bolt hole that will be unused).

Here is a pic of a ct26 with coated compressor blades.
user posted image
(http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7954335233&category=33742&sspagename=WDVW)

The ct20b came stock on the 3rd gen. 3sgte. (ST205 Celica and 1994 and up MKII MR2... both JDM only)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.