Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: hks ssqv
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Ryu3x16
Ok so i bought a Hks ssqv blow off valve to replace my blitz dd... but there's a problem, for some reason my valve will not open or will not blow off... i tried everything (using different vac line and loosening and tightening the bolt in the back).. still... the purple valve will not blow off.... any help will be appreciated

-Ryu
97sccelica
it wont let air out at all?
Ryu3x16
confused.gif won't let it out at all
97sccelica
stick your finger in the opening and see if u can push the valve open

have you tried driving with it?
Ryu3x16
i can push it in...yeah but its a little hard even after it was loosen... driving it is like driving without a bov...sigh
97sccelica
got any pictures of it?
Supersprynt
Did u buy new or used? Looks like you need to take it apart.
Ryu3x16
oh i bought it used.. i took it apart and I honestly did not know what i was looking for... all i found was a spring, a little gold plate, and the purple valve... is there a possibility that the bov is messed up or my connection is wrong somewhere.. keep in my mind that my blitz was working fine when using the same line
thanks
-Ryu
lagos
there are realy only 2 things that would cause it not to open. 1 is a bad vac source and 2, is a broken bov.

goto hksusa.com they have a little diagram that explains how the bov works inside.
Supersprynt
Where are you connecting it? Try the back of the manifold theres a blocked off nipple ( or so there is on the 2nd gen) and connect it there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.