Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Calling all 5sfte ppl running a ct26
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
urbandork
what down pipe did you use? was it from an mr2, all trac, or other if so what?

presure2
it doesnt matter, you can use either one.
urbandork
coolios
1bwilson
Has anyone run a KO? I have one and had fitment problems when i tried fitting mine before.
x_itchy_b_x
i thought manny had one presure2.
on my old setup i used just the flange for the dp and welded on regular pipe.
presure2
actually itchy, i was planning on getting the KO one..then i found the 3" one from berk technology, and i picked that up...it didnt hit anything, bryan..well, except for the oil filter wink.gif then again, the stock elbow hit the filter too.
the one thing i did notice the other day when i was down there is i think im gonna have to unbolt and bend the water pipes a bit, seems like the actuator its hitting the pipes a little..gotta spend a little more time bolting everything down..
i havent had much cash so i havent really made much progress in the past couple weeks.
hopefully work will pick up here soon and ill be able to finish it up! wink.gif
1bwilson
QUOTE(presure2 @ Feb 18, 2005 - 6:06 AM)
actually itchy, i was planning on getting the KO one..then i found the 3" one from berk technology, and i picked that up...it didnt hit anything, bryan..well, except for the oil filter wink.gif  then again, the stock elbow hit the filter too.
the one thing i did notice the other day when i was down there is i think im gonna have to unbolt and bend the water pipes a bit, seems like the actuator its hitting the pipes a little..gotta spend a little more time bolting everything down..
i havent had much cash so i havent really made much progress in the past couple weeks.
hopefully work will pick up here soon and ill be able to finish it up! wink.gif
[right][snapback]247634[/snapback][/right]

Water pipes as in the 2 small ones that cross dowm and to the left of the DP? If thats it thats the same place Ive had trouble.
presure2
Water pipes as in the 2 small ones that cross dowm and to the left of the DP? If thats it thats the same place Ive had trouble.

actually, no brian, i havent had any issues on the oil filter side...im talking about where the wastegate actuator bolts to the turbo...the actuator is kind "hitting" the lines, i gotta spend a few hrs bolting everything down and taking some good pics..once i do, ill post up and let you know wink.gif
rjbibeau
dude i'm having the same problem. i posted about it and they said just bend em but be carefull cuz some of the mr2 dudes broke theirs. but that an easy fix just run new hoses to the cooler. it's just the first metal pipe i think if we bend that down that it would then clear it.
presure2
QUOTE(rjbibeau @ Feb 24, 2005 - 7:56 PM)
dude i'm having the same problem. i posted about it and they said just bend em but be carefull cuz some of the mr2 dudes broke theirs. but that an easy fix just run new hoses to the cooler. it's just the first metal pipe i think if we bend that down that it would then clear it.
[right][snapback]249865[/snapback][/right]

yea its not really a huge problem, its an easy fix, you just unbolt the 2 supports for the water pipes (1 below the oil sender, and one on the side near the dizzy..that will allow you to either bend the pipes back, or rebend the bracket..ect..your choice on what to do wink.gif
rjbibeau
what's a dizzy?
presure2
dizzy = distributor smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.