Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ct26 twin entry stock psi
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
urbandork
What is the stock pressure set at for the ct26 twin entry turbo. Ive been told that jdm was 10 and usmd was 8. However someone said it was 9 usmd. I just want to find out what it runs at stock.

thanks in advanced
presure2
7-12psi
Supersprynt
12 is a bit high. Generally 2nd Gens run 7-9.
97sccelica
QUOTE(Supersprynt @ Feb 26, 2005 - 9:11 PM)
12 is a bit high. Generally 2nd Gens run 7-9.
[right][snapback]250637[/snapback][/right]

ahh, back in the good old days where turboed cars had bigger turbos and lower boost

none of that 20+ stock psi crap
urbandork
was the usdm numbers the same as jdm ones?
Supersprynt
Yeah
lagos
the bgb says 7-11.5 is normal boost on an alltrac
Supersprynt
pretty sure altitude plays a large part in stock boost.

Does anybody know what stock is at sea level?
bufferdan
my stock 93T with 88k boosts 12psi....now that i put a full exhaust it will creep up to 16psi in 3rd, 4th, and 5th gear smile.gif

http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/compression.htm
Supersprynt
you obviously have a boost cut controller.
bufferdan
A what? I have a FCD (fuel cut defencer). I have NO boost controller hooked up.
Supersprynt
BCC and FCD are the same thing just called different things, ones Greddy ones HKS.
bufferdan
I have a homemade one. You really dont even need one.. Just unplug the boost pressure sensor hose.
Supersprynt
Not the greatest way of doing it but yeah you can do it. Your car always thinking your boosting 0psi so theres no failsafe and fuel mapping sucks.
97sccelica
QUOTE(Supersprynt @ Feb 28, 2005 - 9:25 AM)
Not the greatest way of doing it but yeah you can do it. Your car always thinking your boosting 0psi so theres no failsafe and fuel mapping sucks.
[right][snapback]251274[/snapback][/right]

i agree

its almost as bad as this one mk3 supra turbo i went to testdrive, the guy was driving it, pulled over and unplugged the vaccuum line to the wastegate actuator and plugged it.

he then drove the car as hard as he could, hitting fuel cut in every gear(he also didnt have a boost gauge)
bufferdan
Its not bad...as long as you have a boost gauge and set your boost controller right then you should never have a problem unless you are the type of person that likes to see how high you can boost for fun. If you have any sense then you should never be boosting over 16psi pretty much stock anyways.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.