Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GT radiator in an ST
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Batman722
I did some searching and I am 95% sure the GT one will work in an ST no prob. There was a question about the hose location on GT and ST engines being in slightly different spots.
GT one
user posted image

ST one
user posted image

a little different on the bottom in the pics.

Who has done the swap ? I want to do this soon.
LewFX
why not just buy an st one on ebay?
SlowCelica94
Why do u need a GT radiator?
nik
gt would provide a little better cooling but one thing to point out is the coolant outlet on the bottom is on a different side then the st you will need a custom hose other than that it should fit
Batman722
I am doing this. I am about to buy a new GT radiator for a damn good price. I will make or buy a custom lower hose and do what I need to do to make it work.

I was hoping someone else has done this...
nObOdy
Whats a good price of a GT radiator? i may be having to pick one up soon..
tks
nObOdy
celicaracer18
i have ast and i bought a koyo radiator for gt on ebay for my swap and i compared it to my stock st one and the inlet and outlet locations and all the mounting stuff is in exactly the same place, the only difference was that the koyo was alot thicker
Batman722
Sounds like you got an ST radiator.
this is a GT engine and the lower hose is on the left
user posted image

on an ST the lower hose is on the right
user posted image

nik is correct. I need to get/make a custom hose.
FallenHero
ehh, I'd get the aluminum koyo off of E-bay... but I think it has plastic end tanks...
Kwanza26
These engines don't require mega awesome cooling... a more efficient cooling system isn't gonna do anything really... unless the engine gets beat up and is run really really hot all the time (racing)...
Batman722
I know it's not going to give me more power or anything. My car is 10 years old now and I'm pretty sure the radiator has never been flushed. With all of the rust I am finding on my car (ask presure2 about changing my end links) I want to replace the radiator before it becomes a problem. I could get an ST one but I found a new GT one for a great price. So, why not upgrade ? I'm sure that replacing the radiator will prolong the life of my car - I'm thinking of it more as preventive maintainance biggrin.gif
SlowCelica94
You're just making a headache for yourself
Batman722
Whats a good price of a GT radiator? i may be having to pick one up soon..
tks
nObOdy

I have seen GT and ST radiators for around $115-$160. I was able to get a GT one for $60 shipped. Can't pass it up.

You're just making a headache for yourself

I don't think so. New radiator, hoses, fluid, thermostat = peace of mind.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.