Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: which is cheaper?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
gjunon
right now i have a 1995 celica ST would it be cheaper to sell the st and buy a 95 gt and do the 3S-GTE engine swap or just stick with the st and do the engine swap? and if i stick with the st what tranny would be best to use? confused.gif
boosted_K2
stick with the ST and just get a GT tranny.
Silver94CelicaOwner
I wouldnt sell your ST over a swap.....im pretty sure you can do a 4agze or 4age swap on your ST the same way you can swap a 3sgte on a GT. If you really want the 3sgte in an ST, it will cost you alot more than with a GT- you'll have to get a new tranny to handle the power, engine mounts, etc......If i were you, i would plan on a 4agze swap which will ultimately be easier and cheaper with your ST.
Matthew
dude stay with an st because insurance is less on that compared to a gt. and in the end you st will be faster... the insurance company will never know....
95STCelica
QUOTE (igotta5S-FEturbo @ Apr 2, 2003 - 8:14 PM)
dude stay with an st because insurance is less on that compared to a gt. and in the end you st will be faster... the insurance company will never know....

Didn't we have that same conversation last night? biggrin.gif
FallenHero
Yea, just don't wreck or your screwed!
macavely
stay with the st
Matthew
QUOTE (FallenHero @ Apr 2, 2003 - 10:07 PM)
Yea, just don't wreck or your screwed!

why would you be screwed???

those people would have no idea what engine goes in what...
jayi12-15psi
umm I think they would, they would look at your engine code and realize your engine is not the stock engine and sey "hey you little bastard, this isn't the right engine" then your insurance company would proceed to screw you over
FallenHero
Well, that and they will only pay you for what you say you have, thus you would be out 2grand if you totaled your car.
Matthew
ok well somebody backed into the front of my car and it has and the insurance company never looked at the engine. they never even looked at the car.

i took pictures of the damage got an estimate and it was fixed

i guess the only state that would be any concern would be california
because of smog
gjunon
yep and i just so happen to be living in CALIFORNIA frown.gif they have people look at your car engine and all frown.gif cry cry*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.