Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: bad news about my Celica
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Phat_99CeliGT
Well, i too have some bad news.
i went yesterday to check on the progress on my celica but they were closed. i thought that was odd, cause they r closed weekends, not mondays.
so, today i go in and there r 10 people there. a friend of mine stopped me at the door and told me that the shop had been broken into over the weekend. i didn't believe him cause he always messes with me.
i went to talk to Jim (owner/painter) about the ceilca. he told me that it would be a while till something gets done cause the shop was broken into over the weekend.
My heart dropped. i though for sure my car was screwed up. Jim told me they broke in thru a window downstairs in a room they don't use. they got all his paint guns, airbrush equipment, tools and a CD player out of the other sponcered car in the shop. He also had a bronco and an F-150 out back that r now sitting on blocks with the windows busted out.
I asked if i could go and make sure nothing was taken from my car. mine was HOPEFULLY not messed with cause it was stripped and ready to get repainted. i had already take out my indash to get it fixed, headlights and taillights were in the boot and since the car was 1" off the ground, it was kinda hard to get the rims off.

I got home and forgot to make sure my TRD CF wing and kit was still there. i tried calling, but no one was there when i called. tomorrow morning i have to take my probe to get exhaust work done, so afterword ill stop by the shop and check EVERYTHING out.

So, since there isn't any tools or paint guns, i can't get anything done to the car till insurance pays for it all. Jim even tried to buy paint guns with his money, but the ones he needs no one around here keep in stock. all have to be ordered.

This really make me upset. i came home and almost cried cause i have put thousands of dollars and lots of time into this car, and everything in this world is keeping me from getting it back.
IF i ever get it back, i might look into selling it and getting something that doesn't need a kit and a repaint to look good.

I don't know anymore.

Sorry for it being so long. im bored, depressed and hurting, so i just keepon typing.
nObOdy
Damn man - sorry to hear about all that - at least nothing was stolen from your car right??
In the end it will all work out - just keep your hope - AND NEVER SELL YOUR CELICA!!!!
stick with it man - it will make the payoff all the better in the end
if any of us can do anything to help im sure you only have to ask
nObOdy
ghostdog
sorry to hear about that. just remember that nothing worthwhile is ever easy. it may be difficult now but it will be worth it in the end. stay strong man
thedevilmaycrie
damn... im sry to here that... i wish that i could help... please dont sell the celi... this is just a rough time, soon ill be back from africa and i will have a gt4 with me and the one and only doggy...

-DMC
Coomer
That sucks man. Your car has been down for so long! Has it just been in the body shop the whole time?
Jdog1385
thank god nothing happened to the car. waiting this long is just gonna make it that much better when you get it back.
celica47
Man Feb and March must be bad months seems like a lot of people are leaving, getting in wrecks, and wanting to sell there celicas. I wander whats happening lol frown.gif
Batman722
I'm sorry that happen. Be glad and happy nothing happen to your car !! You are lucky lucky. It could of been a lot worse

keep your head up
UKcelicaKev
Hey good luck form England i hope you get it back real soon
princemb
hey man!! keep your faith!! ok!!
madmods
Phat, you got so much work done on your baby to quit now! Hang in there. Im dropping a v8 rear drive in mine biggrin.gif
Akimbo
QUOTE(Phat_99CeliGT @ Mar 1, 2005 - 7:02 PM)
<horrible scenario>
[right][snapback]251842[/snapback][/right]

That sucks so much man. Theives are SO low. Good luck though.

QUOTE(madmods @ Mar 2, 2005 - 2:18 AM)
Phat, you got so much work done on your baby to quit now! Hang in there. Im dropping a v8 rear drive in mine biggrin.gif
[right][snapback]252045[/snapback][/right]

wtf?
Yota
Keep the car man...You'll really regret it later. How long have you been without it?

I just checked out your profile...I really really really like the color you chose. I also think that all of the body work you have on it in the older pictures make your car look really cool. I really hope you get it back soon.

You've done a good job with it, don't stop now.

Digndoug
That sucks.. I think every one goes threw a time that they just wanna start over.. but your gunna end up in the same ****t your in now.. doing paint jobs body kits.. blah blah blah.. Im thinking about just looking for a new car just cause im bored with mine. rolleyes.gif

good luck..
chucho
you have the worst luck in the world.
Digndoug
QUOTE(chucho @ Mar 2, 2005 - 5:25 PM)
you have the worst luck in the world.
[right][snapback]252163[/snapback][/right]

In the world, i would surly doubt that.. wink.gif
presure2
damn, man..from your post yesterday, i thought it was totalled or somthing...
man, dont give up now, always liked your cars look, in almost ALL its diffrent forms over the past few years.. wink.gif keep the faith man! smile.gif
pr_caralho
I said it once and i'll say it again, dark days.....
Batman722
updates ???
1bwilson
QUOTE(pr_caralho @ Mar 2, 2005 - 10:50 AM)
I said it once and i'll say it again, dark days.....
[right][snapback]252179[/snapback][/right]

Damn curse frown.gif
shin
hang in there Phat_99CeliGT. i mean i've going through the curse too. but it's not stopping me... you shouldn't too. you've done too much to your 6gc to give it up now...
popstar
hey fella !

i'm really sorry to hear about what happened.....
but when you get her back, you'll keep her, cause if you gen another car you'll just start it all over, whatever you think, it's in your blood !!
Chrobis
I am actually going to agree with getting another car.... The 6th gen is getting old and out dated. If you have money (and you do seem to) I think you should head to a newer car such as, 350z, G35, IS300, hell even a GS300. All sexy cars straight from the dealer (G35 comes with a little body kit for a bit extra) and are all very easy to make them super sexy. No japanese body kits, no $700 projectors.... and all have very decent "quick" engines with many upgrades.
doGGy
Wrong.......

From one side yes, you can get this car AND BE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

From other side - keep it and be unique, and get another Normal car for everydfay driving.....

QUOTE(Chrobis @ Mar 3, 2005 - 10:10 AM)
I am actually going to agree with getting another car.... The 6th gen is getting old and out dated. If you have money (and you do seem to) I think you should head to a newer car such as, 350z, G35, IS300, hell even a GS300. All sexy cars straight from the dealer (G35 comes with a little body kit for a bit extra) and are all very easy to make them super sexy. No japanese body kits, no $700 projectors.... and all have very decent "quick" engines with many upgrades.
[right][snapback]252696[/snapback][/right]

Phat_99CeliGT
ok, i went in today to check on my parts and car.
i found my wing and kit.
i looked in the car and found 1 low and 2 taillights.
my heart dropped!!!
i almost started crying, but there were people there.

i checked around looking for them in the shop and nothein.
Jim was looking and so were a couple others.
NOTHING!!

then i remembered that he never took them out to paint the car, just covered the whole front in paper.
i lifted the paper and they were there.
the other low was sitting on my header under the paper.

i was sooo happy that nothing was stolen.

i also found out that my celica will be paid off in a couple months, so i might jsut keep it and get a GS300 as a daily.
if i sell the celica, i would have gotten an 03 G35.

but, as for the celica, everything is good, just gonna take longer to get it back.
Batman722
like I said, lucky lucky. Thank your lucky stars wink.gif
Chrobis
Since when is a celica unique...? An 03 G35 is a way way better choice then a old out dated celica... Yeh I said it, blasphemy I supose. But a G35 with the greddy TT kit and some body accesories is definitly hotter then a celica and probably rarer then even a 3s-gte celica, not to mention faster and RWD.

QUOTE(doGGy @ Mar 3, 2005 - 11:03 AM)
Wrong.......

From one side yes, you can get this car AND BE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

From other side - keep it and be unique, and get another Normal car for everydfay driving.....

QUOTE(Chrobis @ Mar 3, 2005 - 10:10 AM)
[right][snapback]252696[/snapback][/right]

[right][snapback]252761[/snapback][/right]

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.