Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Exhaust Path
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Supersprynt
I'm completley revamping my exhaust, 2.5 or 3'' all the way back. I would like to run underneath the rear suspension instead of up and over. Does anyone have this setup below the suspension, and do you have an clearance issues?
st_celica_killer
i do have my exhaust under, instead up and over and about the clearance..? its not a problem...the exhaust well not hit the suspension ....if you want to see some pic let me knoe?
Mynzeyes
under, with a 2" drop or so via Ground Controls...i may have scraped the piping a couple times if i come across a bump w/ a raised center? no problems though.

-John-
Defgeph
what about going over a speed bump ? Any problems John ?

DEF
Mynzeyes
QUOTE(defgeph @ Mar 4, 2005 - 3:57 PM)
what about going over a speed bump ? Any problems John ?

DEF
[right][snapback]253292[/snapback][/right]

unless it's a really ginormous speedbump, no, there is no problem.

usually, if there is any question, i do the angle trick to keep anything from hitting.

-John-
presure2
nice pics jon! smile.gif just gave me the confidence i need to make my own!! haha biggrin.gif
whats size is that 2.5?
Supersprynt
His is 2.25. I think 2.5 would be fine 3'' we'll see cuz I think im going to do 3''.
x_itchy_b_x
user posted image
2.5" - under

no problems.
TOYOCE409
Does anybody knows if 2.5" straight pipe with no cat on my 3sgte swap would be fine?
Supersprynt
yeah it'll be fine.
jgreening
QUOTE(TOYOCE409 @ Mar 4, 2005 - 7:09 PM)
Does anybody knows if 2.5" straight pipe with no cat on my 3sgte swap would be fine?
[right][snapback]253340[/snapback][/right]

Fine for what power goal?
sphinx
i have a full 3" from turbo all the way through to the 3" canister running underneath the rear suspension. The car is lowered with Tanabe springs, and i've never had problems with speed bumps.

playr158
weee i didn't know you could go under Bkholer has under too!

but i think it makes it soo much better looking i'll have that done on my next round of exhaust
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.