Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Identify This Plug(USDM ST)
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Coomer
So I've got this extra plug from my modified harness sitting in my engine bay, and I'm curious as to what it's for. Here's the plug:

[attachmentid=190]

[attachmentid=192]

[attachmentid=191]

Now, my car is five-speed '94 USDM Celica ST. The car had A/C from the factory. Any ideas as to what this plug is for?
Hanyo
what is the wire color?

Coomer
It looks like it's light brown/tan/peach. It's kinda hard to tell.
Mynzeyes
my guess is it goes to a fan. or...went...to a fan. smile.gif.
Bigmeanbulldog55
I'll go ahead and second that on the fan.
Drocay
NM
Drocay
QUOTE(Coomer @ Mar 6, 2005 - 1:40 AM)

Now, my car is five-speed '94 USDM Celica ST
. The car had A/C from the factory. Any ideas as to what this plug is for?
[right][snapback]253747[/snapback][/right]

Coomer wut u mean by this, thats wut your car used to be right?
Coomer
QUOTE(Drocay @ Mar 6, 2005 - 12:47 AM)
QUOTE(Coomer @ Mar 6, 2005 - 1:40 AM)

Now, my car is five-speed '94 USDM Celica ST
. The car had A/C from the factory. Any ideas as to what this plug is for?
[right][snapback]253747[/snapback][/right]

Coomer wut u mean by this, thats wut your car used to be right?
[right][snapback]253766[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, my harness is my stock one though, just modified quite a bit. wink.gif

I'm using my stock fans, but I don't see a spot for that connector. And my fans work too.
macavely
coomer thats the plug for the extra nawwws bottle.. lol ...

na but where is cooming from ? .. is ti the left side or rigth side? ..... it could be OBD1 plug .... it could be extra plugs ut car might have been on line to be an currne when she started out and was changed last minute.
1bwilson
Can we see a shot of it in its natural postion lol? Like a shot of the plug in the bay.
Coomer
Here's a couple pics I just took.

[attachmentid=193]

[attachmentid=194]
lagos
i remember seeing that plug before, but i cant remember where they hell it goes. my guess is some type of sensor, since its a single wire plug.

what are you doing with your harness? i see you are using crip connectors...thats a BIG no no when dealing with the harness. you want to solder every connection and use shrink wrap. those crimp connectors just come loose over time.
Coomer
QUOTE(lagos @ Mar 6, 2005 - 3:21 PM)
what are you doing with your harness? i see you are using crip connectors...thats a BIG no no when dealing with the harness. you want to solder every connection and use shrink wrap.  those crimp connectors just come loose over time.
[right][snapback]253938[/snapback][/right]

Those crimp connectors are the work of my mechanic. Trust me, I'd never do it that way if I did it. They're one of the reasons why I'm tearing apart the entire harness and re-wiring stuff using soldered connections. The harness currently has no problems, but I want a better looking engine bay and peace of mind knowing it's all soldered. biggrin.gif

I'm also relocating the diagnostics connector over to the other side of the car, moving wires from the firewall to the main harness, removing un-necessary wires from the main harness, wiring up the engine's stock injector wiring loom, tucking the wires under part of the throttle body, etc. When I'm done the engine bay will look way better, but man is it a lot of work. So far I've got about 12 hours of work into it and I'm just now starting wiring stuff back up. I just came in from wiring up the AFM and TPS. smile.gif
Coomer
Bump...I'm hoping to begin putting the harness back together late tonight or tomorrow, so any help would be greatly appreciated. wink.gif
Batman722
I will go look in my bay and take some pics. BAck in 10 min
Batman722
OK I took some pics. I didn't resize them so you can see them better.

the bad news is I didn't find the exact plug frown.gif but I did find one very very similar. It was the only one with ONE wire to it in that area. ( blue wire )

first the area
user posted image

pics of plug
user posted image
user posted image

pic of it plugged in (dead center )
user posted image

it is probably a coolant temp sensor. It is plugged in right next to the lower radiator hose ( thermostat housing I think )

it was the only one that was on that side of the bay with one wire that I could find. I would assume the 94-95 are the exact same but maybe not. Maybe I am looking in the wrong area ?

hope that helps. I will check again tomorrow morn when it is light out.
lagos
looking at batmans pics, its either the coolant temp snesor (normally green color, tho), you cosld start injector time switch, or your water temp sensor.

so if the temp gauge in the car works, and you have no problems starting the car on a cold day, then it must be the coolan temp.
Coomer
My temp gauge works perfect, my car starts perfectly on cold days, and all of the plugs are plugged into the spots near the thermostat/coolant hoses. I do have the plug you took pictures of Batman, and it's plugged in where yours is.

So the mystery continues...
Defgeph
o2 sensor .....
Coomer
QUOTE(defgeph @ Mar 6, 2005 - 11:03 PM)
o2 sensor .....
[right][snapback]254099[/snapback][/right]

You know what? I bet you're right. I know we had to wire in a new four-wire sensor for the swap. Can someone confirm that this is the o2 sensor plug?
lagos
it could very well be the o2 since its a single wire, but on the 5sfe and 3sgte the plug sits on the right side of the engine bay not the left. that could have changed on the st tho.

start the car up and check that plug with a mutimeter to see if its still wired up to anything on the ecu .
Batman722
mystery solved - with pics wink.gif

plug for the o2 sensor
user posted image

user posted image

Coomer
Sweet, thanks, problem solved. smile.gif
Kwanza26
Looks like either secondary O2 or Knock... I would lean towards 2nd O2 cause that isn't needed in a 20V swap... ;]

EDIT: Woops... you guys figgured it out already... ;P
Defgeph
I gotcha back Coom....

DEF
Batman722
QUOTE(defgeph @ Mar 7, 2005 - 4:41 PM)
I gotcha back Coom....

DEF
[right][snapback]254263[/snapback][/right]

yea but I posted pics... wink.gif
Defgeph
I told you what to take pics of tongue.gif
Batman722
damn you def, I just wanted to be the hero for once frown.gif biggrin.gif
Defgeph
well, if it counts ur my hero for figuring out the JDM mirrors bowdown.gif

DEF
CelicaST18
nevermind, you already figured out!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.