Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Some Advice
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Jeremy1210
If you remember, there was a yellow GT4 on ebay for 4500 a few weeks ago. Well I have been in contact with the guy since then about trying to work out a deal for hte car. I don't have all the money he wnats total, but he would be willing to take my celica and money for the GT4.
What do you guys think? A good deal. He assures me 100% that I can have it street legal and registered b/c of some hookups he has.

What would you do? Trade you celica for a GT4?
Akimbo
God yah. Bring it to Tiffin man. Haha. I dunno, I am not sure how you could be 100% sure it would be legit. There's a guy in New England with a red GT4, maybe you could talk to him.
25thcelica
dude man if he can get you a gt4 I say go for it 100%. come on man you will have the top top of the line model. man I would jump on it in a heart beat!
mark_426
Depending on the price, shipping, etc, I'd say go for it... but are you going to meet him, see the car, anything, or just hope they trade out ok?
RedSunCelica
you do know that shipping/trading/paper work and customs will probably take about 4-6 months to even get the GT4 in the states. so youll be out of a car for a while.
Coomer
Does he say the car is already registered and street legal and such? I would trust someone saying "My hookups will help you out in making it legal once you buy it."
Jeremy1210
well I am going to NY to pick up the car. Then I will trade him my car with the cash, once it has cleared customs.

Im still debating this issue. I want the car, but I don't know what to do about this deal. I am a little wary, but I am still interesed in it.
pr_caralho
If everythings in good shape, id go for it, coomer makes a good point though, so whatch out man.
funnyboy117

I wouldn't trust it if it wasn't licensed/registered before you get it. Maybe you could pay him more to get it licensed and registered before you buy the car?
jgreening
Hookups in Ohio? How?

My recommendation is to be skeptical. More people have been ripped off by scams where the item is much sought after and the deal seems too good to be true. But, then again, I am a cynic.
Akimbo
Yeah if you get it, your ass is coming to the show in June.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.