Full Version: Quick Questions About 3sgte ST205
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
SilverCell94
at this momment i have:

-st205 clip
-sw20 lsd tranny (mr2 turbo)
-2nd gen 3sgte plugs and wires

basically what i need for the swap, but my main questions are:

-do i need new axles? if so why? (i heard that mr2 or camry axles are needed)
-alternator, does the 2nd gen 3sgte fit?
-distributor cap and rotor, does the second gen 3sgte fit?

im not worried about the ecu, since im going stand alone.

i been putting this project off to a for a very long time, just want to get it done.
SilverCell94
anybody??
Consynx
you need the MR2 turbo axles because you have LSD, and the stock axles are not made for a LSD...
SilverCell94
QUOTE(SilverCell94 @ Mar 8, 2005 - 4:57 PM)
anybody??
[right][snapback]254728[/snapback][/right]

that part i knew, i should have been more clear. what about things more towards basic tune ups such as:

alternator, and distributor cap and rotor
Supersprynt
Why do you have 2nd gen plugs and wires if you have a 3rd gen clip? The clip contains all that you need, plus, not everything is the same.

Since you have the clip, you should have the ST205 axles in which you need to combine with the MR2 axles and use a hybrid axle to fit the the inner and outter shafts.

The rest I'm not sure, but again, that stuff SHOULD have been included with a clip. If stuff was taken out of the clip, I would not have purchased it.
SilverCell94
QUOTE(SilverCell94 @ Mar 8, 2005 - 5:16 PM)
QUOTE(SilverCell94 @ Mar 8, 2005 - 4:57 PM)
anybody??
[right][snapback]254728[/snapback][/right]

that part i knew, i should have been more clear. what about things more towards basic tune ups such as:

alternator, and distributor cap and rotor
[right][snapback]254740[/snapback][/right]

yeah the clip comes with it all but im thinking about the future. i know for a fact that the second gen 3sgte's plugs and wires are compatable.

as for the alternator and little things like that, when they go bad will the 2nd gen 3sgte fit?? i know i can alway rebuild an alt. but you know im just keeping my options open
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.