Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fastest way to gain HP
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
bloodrain
Like most import owners, I want more hp and a fast car in general. Besides a turbo kit, exhaust and intake, what else can I do to make my car faster? Also, is it possible to do a full engine swap with a 3s-gte?
Coomer
Other bolt-on mods you could do to your stock engine include underdrive pulleys or a header. For the engine swaps, yes it's possible to do a 3S-GTE swap. Check the stickies in this forum and do some searching and you'll find all kinds of info that will hold you over for a while. smile.gif
madmods
You could always put in a 302 5.o rear drive in. This guys doing it:click here
Clipsetuner
Fastest cheapest way to make HP is Nitrous Hands down. 500$ for a new kit, or for half the price used setups on ebay.

If your using this for racing purpose's nitrous has saved my arse a few times but if there shere just out horsepowering you your screwed either way.

DTE
madmods
QUOTE(Clipsetuner @ Mar 14, 2005 - 8:50 AM)
Fastest cheapest way to make HP is Nitrous Hands down. 500$ for a new kit, or for half the price used setups on ebay.

If your using this for racing purpose's nitrous has saved my arse a few times but if there shere just out horsepowering you your screwed either way.

DTE
[right][snapback]257050[/snapback][/right]

Clips, how many miles did you have when you put your nitrous on? Did you do it yourself? How much shot did you do?
Clipsetuner
Madmods, 160kish, Installed all myself, 40shot. It was a single point wet system from NOS, this on the crap-tastic 2sfe as well, on a wot switch. It was a decent kick in the pants, I have a feeling tho I was running lean in piston 4 beause just the way that the single points work. I would highley reccomend it, IF you know what your doing. you cant run these huge shots on a stock engine it just wont last and you cant be on the bottle all the time. I only used it race nights (sometimes at that) and when i would goto the track.

DTE

on another note I will be running a 100shot via power plate on my rx7 and ill let you know how that goes if your interested.
doGGy
fastest way to get HP is to get towed by some big HP car biggrin.gif

maikl
TURBO or NOS
bloodrain
any idea how much it would cost to do a complete engine swap from an my 94 gt (st-204) to a 3s-gte? I have no idea how to go about figuring out all of it :-/ What parts would I need extra (because I high doubt you just buy a 3s-gte engine and rip out your old motor and place your new one in) If anyone can give me a rough estimation I would be highly greatful.
Jeremy1210
bloodrai, I know you are new and all, but you have already been told to look at the stickies. THis subject has been covered alot. Search for the answer. Its here on the site smile.gif
SlowCelica94
Stickers. Lots of em
Blakout16
yeah btw, the easy bolt-on mod is the header for the corolla 7afe 1.8 L, just go on ebay and buy one... needs slight modding to reach the down pipe. something like a 6" pipe to reach it.
bloodrain
I came to the conclusion that swapping out the engine is not worth the work and money. I love my celica and all, but for an 11 year old car its just not worth it. Just gonna keep savin my money for another year or so then sell my celica and get an evo or somethin. mad.gif
Dacoolguychris
if you have the money then buy an evo.. but most of us don't.. plus I personally like the baby supra look of the 6gc.. all in taste..

good luck with your endeavers..

6 gen celicas rock!!!
-Chris

EDIT: BTW you have 59 post and have only been a member for 2 weeks.. damn!!
bloodrain
hehe, ya im pretty active on here. I dont really have the money for an evo atm. I have like $3000 saved up now, I was thinking of saving up for pretty much the entire year (with any luck i'd have about $15000) then sell my car hopefully for about $5-7k and use all that money for basically a downpayment on the evo, and then just finanace the rest for a year or so just to help build up some credit. But I was lookin at that celica on the front page of 6gc.net, he says his quater mile time is 13.4 or somethin like that, an evo only runs like a 13.1, maybe it would be cheaper to just finish hookin up my car....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.