Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Would this turn my car into AWD?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
bloodrain
ST185 Celica - Includes 3S-GTE Engine, 5-Speed AWD Transmission, and Fuel Pump $2,095

I saw this on www.jarcoinc.com, it says "AWD transmission 5-speed". Would this be able to turn my automatic into a manual? Or would it require alot of work.
Jeremy1210
yes, you will have the pars to convert it to a manual. But you will not have AWD. you will need both front and rear of the car. and will have to do a lot of custom work to make it AWD.

Do a search for about awd onversion. It has been covered alot.
Supersprynt
Dont use the ST185 transmission in your swap.
bloodrain
should I just leave the engine alot and keep it automatic?
Digndoug
QUOTE(bloodrain @ Mar 14, 2005 - 12:25 PM)
[right][snapback]257139[/snapback][/right]

Im assuming you mean alone. Thats your problem. If your happy, then keep it. If you do a swap, you can keep it auto, or switch to MT. If you switch to MT you will want to get a gt tranny or a camery v6 one.

Just dont get your heart set on the awd swap.. imo its not even close to worth it.
bloodrain
would be nice to have an AWD, but its not a must. Also, I dont really care if its stick or auto, Im just tryin to figure out how much it would cost to have the engine swapped and get everything I need for my car to run with the new engine. manual or not, as long as it runs nice.
jgreening
QUOTE(Digndoug @ Mar 14, 2005 - 12:29 PM)
QUOTE(bloodrain @ Mar 14, 2005 - 12:25 PM)
[right][snapback]257139[/snapback][/right]

Im assuming you mean alone. Thats your problem. If your happy, then keep it. If you do a swap, you can keep it auto, or switch to MT. If you switch to MT you will want to get a gt tranny or a camery v6 one.

Just dont get your heart set on the awd swap.. imo its not even close to worth it.
[right][snapback]257145[/snapback][/right]

What makes you think you can keep the automatic transmission with a 3s swap?
Supersprynt
Its been done.
bloodrain
so would it be easier and cheaper to make it a manual? I wouldnt mind having a manual either, because in the "racing community" they look down on the auto owners, lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.