Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCV Valve Help
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
94GT
Well, my Celica finally turned 250,000 yesterday and I figure it's time to replace a few things. I've tried removing and checking the PCV valve before with no luck. It's a sticky little guy. Does anyone know if it twists in place or how I should pry it out? Here are the other things I'm planning to replace as I haven't touched them for the past 100k miles:

Plugs
Wires
Distributor cap
Rotor
Fuel filter

Any suggestions to add to the list would be much appreciated! I'm waiting for the summer and I'm going to get it repainted, too. Lot's of rock chips on the front end from Colorado driving...

-Mike
Jdog1385
i broke my pcv valve once. pretty sure you just have to pry or pull it out. such an annoying place for it.
94GT
After it broke, were you able to pull it out easily enough? How about installing the new one? Thanks!
Jdog1385
yea when it broke i just pulled it out... its only plastic so its easy to break. putting the new one in was kind of a pain in the ass b/c of its location and you kind of have to bend it in. but you should have no problem doing it.
erics1one
QUOTE(94GT @ Mar 17, 2005 - 5:47 PM)
Well, my Celica finally turned 250,000 yesterday and I figure it's time to replace a few things.  I've tried removing and checking the PCV valve before with no luck.  It's a sticky little guy.  Does anyone know if it twists in place or how I should pry it out?

Any suggestions to add to the list would be much appreciated!  I'm waiting for the summer and I'm going to get it repainted, too.  Lot's of rock chips on the front end from Colorado driving...

-Mike
[right][snapback]258756[/snapback][/right]

Get a tiny flat head screw driver and lift the sides of the bottom ring. Then use a larger flat head, and lift the left and the right side evenly until the bottom half is out. You should be able to lift it out at this point.
94GT
Thanks for the advice!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.