Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 580hp 3sgte engine
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
4wheelWOnder
Was looking through the classifieds today, and found a for sale ad for this engine. Right now i cant think, because im shocked that i saw somn like that.........umm, what do yall think..??
juBz86
wow!
Jeremy1210
you gotta go look at it
4wheelWOnder
alright im calm now......i just talked to the guy 45 min ago, and set up to see him tommorrow......from what he said he got the engine from mainland japan, and was previously dyno'd at 580.............and yeah im checking this out..........
maikl
any pics?
bloodrain
boosting at 32 psi? lol, ya you can get alot of power but more than likely there overboosting and will blow the engine soon.
Supersprynt
Where do you get 35psi? I say around $5,000 for the engine barring good condition.
Kwanza26
I wouldn't buy a previously high boosted engine in unknown condition... that's just too risky... unless the seller can warrantee it.
4wheelWOnder
Talked to the guy today. He seems to know alot about toyota engines, and from his words, the engine boost at or around 22psi, safly. Its been tuned, ported, bored, up to that point..........he said ity uses the ct20b turbo, a rare turbo only made in japan.......i mean only sold in japan, and that thing is huge......has a small spoolm though so it gets up fast.............overall i didnt want to buy it......way too much power for little ol me........he said he is going to sell it on ebay, and i made a reference to this website, so he might put up a post of it himself.............and yeah this thing dosent have a top-mount intercooler, and sorry i didnt take any pics of it, but since someone asked i will talk to him about it next weekend........oh well then.......at least ip someone else wants to but it, its out there, and he said that if he cant sell it here, its goin up on ebay.....
CheesyLobster
eh. 580 is bs. the ct20b turbo is also stock on a 3rd gen 3sgte. At 22 psi i give it around 320 hp max without MAJOR internals upgrades, then a little more. When you hear the numbers for 2nd gen 3sgtes (225 hp) believe thats at around 14 psi.
d3monc3lica
i juss pooped my pants , :lol
Consynx
interesting, can't wait to see if he has dyno pic proof.
and see a full list of everything done
Mr_E
QUOTE(CheesyLobster @ Mar 20, 2005 - 5:57 AM)
eh. 580 is bs. the ct20b turbo is also stock on a 3rd gen 3sgte. At 22 psi i give it around 320 hp max without MAJOR internals upgrades, then a little more. When you hear the numbers for 2nd gen 3sgtes (225 hp) believe thats at around 14 psi.
[right][snapback]259770[/snapback][/right]

ct20 is really going to struggle to flow past about 18psi.
bloodrain
QUOTE(Supersprynt @ Mar 19, 2005 - 2:57 PM)
Where do you get 35psi?
[right][snapback]259536[/snapback][/right]

it was a joke...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.