Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My celica Vs GT4 or another car
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Jeremy1210
Well I have been thinking alot lately about my celica. And after reading the posts about how other people like their car so much, I have come to the realization that I would not trade my car for a GT4 or another more powerful newer car. Yeah I know more power and everything, but it won't be the same. Its like I am married to my car, and then just to go get a newer more powerful model just seems like it won't have the same love. I have put so much time, money and hard work into my celica that I would not trade it in or sell it for something better. I would just rather drive me sweet, but slow, celica until I can afford an engine swap. MY celica has always been there for me, and I just can't possibly think of getting rid of it. I mean I put 105K miles on it in 4 years. No problems what so ever. I LOVE MY CAR biggrin.gif
Coomer
I love mine too, but I'd trade for a GT-Four. biggrin.gif
94GT
I'd trade for a GT-4 in a second. Even for an MR2...
shin
if it was me. i'll trade my GT for a GT4. it's still the celica i love but better. biggrin.gif
maikl
there is no chance of giving my baby away for ANY car!!!!!!! i am in love with it and i thing my baby feels the same way as i do tongue.gif
Supersprynt
I'd trade it for more of a top end car, such as G35, 350Z, STi, but trade it for an ST205...well yeah i'd do that.
GT4WRC
I wouldn't trade my car for a GT-FOUR. Oh wait, hang on a minute - I don't need to. I already have one biggrin.gif

Have to confess that I'm already thinking about getting another 4WD turbo car. Seriously considering an EVO VI or VIII.
Gary
Jeremy1210
So after all the hard work you guys put into your Celica, you would trade it all away for a GT4? Why? Doesn't your car mean anything to you?

Jeremy

You guys with GT4's stop rubbing it in that you have one biggrin.gif
ghostdog
honestly I don't know unless I was actually faced with it. I intend to keep this car for life, because its my first car and I wuv it, but a straight up trade for a 30k+ car would be hard to pass up
Consynx
i would love to keep my first car forevr as well...doubt it's possible though
bloodrain
I'd drive my car thur a wall and then take a crap on it for a GT-4, you dont even wanna know what I would do for a TT supra or TT rx7...
boosted_K2
id trade mine for a 97 MR2 GT-S... but not for a GT-4... awd is cool, but its just so sluggish top-end
bloodrain
QUOTE(GT4WRC @ Mar 21, 2005 - 4:43 PM)
I wouldn't trade my car for a GT-FOUR. Oh wait, hang on a minute - I don't need to. I already have one  biggrin.gif

Have to confess that I'm already thinking about getting another 4WD turbo car. Seriously considering an EVO VI or VIII.
Gary
[right][snapback]260337[/snapback][/right]

get the evo MR, not an evo VIII
droptopGT
ehhh.. GT-4's are nice, but theres nothing like droppin' the top on that perfect spring day, wind blowing right through the car, and seeing that gorgeous blue sky above you while going 100 biggrin.gif awd is nice but doesn't beat a convertible... EVER
BBoYRuGGeD
im with jeremy. wouldnt trade my car for anything... tho i WOULD swap out the engine... hMmMmmm wink.gif
Jeremy1210
im with jeremy. wouldnt trade my car for anything... tho i WOULD swap out the engine... hMmMmmm

finally someone with sense of hard work and accomplishment agrees with me biggrin.gif

I really thought Coom woulda been the first to agree b/c of all the hours he has put into his car rolleyes.gif
popstar
i'd only change mine for a newer or tuned '4' then i have got all the wrench work wink.gif

yes 'i'm married to mine as well' smile.gif
Clipsetuner
I wouldent trade her for the world once I get her... Its just that bond, I wouldent trade it for a GT4, plus I intend to turn both of mine into gt4's.

DTE
yarik83
well everytime i save money for the gt-4 engine some weird thing happens and i am forced to use that money for somethign else (ie this year is for taxes: $1427).

I would like a gt-4 but given the fact that it is not legal to have it "legally" in us i'll wait till i get my bachelors and find a way to import it illegaly and then swap the vins/plates etc off my lovely celica to that one.
Fietsbel
i would trade my car for a gt4, but only if it is a red gt4 biggrin.gif and a low mile age.
present mile age of my car is 70.000 miles
Bigmeanbulldog55
My celica is my second car. I've always hated this thing for being so slow. I'd trade my car for anything faster and in as good of condition. The only reason I still have my car is because you won't fine another in as good a condition. I'd put my 94 agaisnt any year and I doubt you'd be able to tell which is newer.
jgreening
QUOTE(droptopGT @ Mar 21, 2005 - 6:44 PM)
ehhh.. GT-4's are nice, but theres nothing like droppin' the top on that perfect spring day, wind blowing right through the car, and seeing that gorgeous blue sky above you while going 100 biggrin.gif awd is nice but doesn't beat a convertible... EVER
[right][snapback]260381[/snapback][/right]

There is one thing that is even better. Doing the same thing in a 3s biggrin.gif
Silver94CelicaOwner
Haha. Jgreening I was waiting for you to comment on that. wink.gif But just think, youre the only person with a 6gc that we know of that can say that. Doesnt that make you proud of what you have?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.