Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cup/Change holder installed
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Interior/Audio/Electrical/Wiring
wuhukf
After someone suggested that the Ford Taurus cup holder might work for our celicas, I ordered one off ebay and tried it out. Wasn't as easy as I thought it was going to be, but wasn't hard to make it fit. Here's some pics of it in the dash:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Drocay
thats pretty sweet man, nice job.
vangSTa_celica
Hey, thats pretty nifty.
Jeremy1210
Thats freaking awesome. What size drink do they hold?
wuhukf
they're the same size as the stock ones, but just in a better spot.
Silver94CelicaOwner
My one friend drives a Taurus and I always thought it was a great way to hold stuff. Maybe I'll steal his or something. wink.gif
Batman722
great job on the instal and the pics. I wanted to do this but I think the dash is too slanted and drinks would spill. You make me want to reconsider...but if the dash wasn't slanted, I would definatly put in one of these
02+ VW cupholders
user posted image
wuhukf
The slant isnt too bad, just make sure you drink a little bit of ur drink before u put it in there biggrin.gif . The change and the spot i put the head unit remote in is the best part though.
shin
that look awesome. if i didn't intend to put a S-AFC in that spot.. i'll be doing that too lol.. biggrin.gif
mr-belowaverage
The pics for this mod are dead. Does anyone have them archived?
Jaws4God
can't see the pics frown.gif
celicurr
I've got one of those kicking around that I pulled out at a junkers for someone who hasn't picked it up yet... hmm...
Diab1o_3000
DEAD PICS!!!!!
amysmojo
QUOTE(Diab1o_3000 @ Feb 12, 2007 - 1:48 PM) [snapback]526235[/snapback]

DEAD PICS!!!!!

yah i cant see anything either kindasad.gif
JesterDC
QUOTE(amysmojo @ Feb 12, 2007 - 5:54 PM) [snapback]526238[/snapback]

DEAD PICS!!!!!

They don't work in the sticky either frown.gif
AudioFreak
QUOTE(JesterDC @ Feb 12, 2007 - 8:02 PM) [snapback]526275[/snapback]

DEAD PICS!!!!!

The post is almost 2 years old. You can't expect someone to host pics forever.
amysmojo
QUOTE(AudioFreak @ Feb 13, 2007 - 3:37 PM) [snapback]526582[/snapback]

DEAD PICS!!!!!

oh damn! i didnt notice the date lol I thought it was something recent
JesterDC
QUOTE(amysmojo @ Feb 13, 2007 - 7:42 PM) [snapback]526585[/snapback]

QUOTE(AudioFreak @ Feb 13, 2007 - 3:37 PM) [snapback]526582[/snapback]

DEAD PICS!!!!!

oh damn! i didnt notice the date lol I thought it was something recent

wow, I should probably start checking dates, whoops tongue.gif
pepsiman
That would be great to have one of them I thought alot of double dins where same? Wouldnt that be a direct fit without moding? I hope it would be i might try to stop by a junkyard and pick me up one. My dads truck also has a cupholder somewhere through there i might check it out tommrow...its a toyota pickup
JesterDC
Those are very similar to the cup holders in my older sisters Jetta, except hers look cooler biggrin.gif
JesterDC
Pictures!!!
Looks like these(VW Jetta Cup Holders)would take up about the same space as the taurus ones.
IPB Image
amysmojo
I use to have those cup holders when I had a jetta, i loved them cause they expand for any cup size! And I mean ANY cup size lol

The only thing I hated was having the stereo & change holder stuff below the cup holders because drinks would drip down onto the other stuff which sucked!
Valo666
any one done the 1/2din cupholders off a corolla??? They have a good idea and ive been thinkin about it, but i dunno what to do with the other 1/2 din.
Batman722
the only major probs with any cup holders in the DIN spot is what Amy said, the condesation or spillage from the cup and the fact that out dashes are slanted, not strait up and down.

I want to see someone put a cupholder froma saab in their car, they are BA and well hidden.
pics
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
snapshotgt
^ I wonder how those mount?
mr-belowaverage
So is everyone using the stock cupholders in the armrest? Doesn't it make shifting annoying? Ugh. I'd still like to see some implemented solutions.
stetsonaw
Bringing this one back from the dead... Here in the Japan, the rage is vent cup holders... all they do is attach to your a/c vent, and then a foot comes out and stabilizes the cup holder. They also make ones that hold cell phones, or also hold both. I'll post some pics if anyone is interested.
CaliJeff
we got those here in the US, not so many ppl use em tho.
dtlwrc
Bringing this one back from the dead... Here in the Japan, the rage is vent cup holders... all they do is attach to your a/c vent, and then a foot comes out and stabilizes the cup holder. They also make ones that hold cell phones, or also hold both. I'll post some pics if anyone is interested.

Yes, if you can post some pictures it would be very helpful! I realy need to do something with the cup holder because it makes shifting realy annoying!
stetsonaw
QUOTE(dtlwrc @ Sep 16, 2007 - 7:51 PM) [snapback]596426[/snapback]

Yes, if you can post some pictures it would be very helpful! I realy need to do something with the cup holder because it makes shifting realy annoying!

what color would you be interested in? they have all kinds of them... and what kind? just cup or cup/phone or phone/notepad or cup/phone/notepad?

Harold_Fastwaker
QUOTE(stetsonaw @ Sep 16, 2007 - 2:07 AM) [snapback]596399[/snapback]

If you watch any Japanese car video from anywhere in the past few years majority of the cars have the vent cup holders.

Not only do you have the vent cup holders for the outside vents but they also have cup holders that lock on your door with help from your window sill.
stetsonaw
QUOTE(Harold_Fastwaker @ Sep 17, 2007 - 11:42 AM) [snapback]596555[/snapback]
If you watch any Japanese car video from anywhere in the past few years majority of the cars have the vent cup holders.

Not only do you have the vent cup holders for the outside vents but they also have cup holders that lock on your door with help from your window sill.

So if the japanese are doing it, it automatically means that it's cool biggrin.gif
kerosene
pics are dead....any possibility of re uploading?
AudioFreak
QUOTE(kerosene @ Oct 6, 2007 - 4:06 AM) [snapback]602316[/snapback]

pics are dead....any possibility of re uploading?

The original post is from March 05. I wouldn't count on getting the pics reposted. They've been dead for a long time.
Celicagt1995
Since I found this topic interesting, I decided to go to a junkyard to get a cop holder for my celi. And since the original pics are dead here are mine.

I had to do some modding to it but i it wasn't to hard. Took me about an hour and a half.
This is a good cup holder for a manual But it ain't worth it if your car is an automatic like mine. REASON for that...
the cups block my stereo.
another thing, the coin holder can only hold 2 to 3 quarters per slot, lol. but it sure looks nicer than the stock box.

Now I just need to figure out how to erase the letters on the buttons.

And excuse my English but it ain't my first language.
richee3
Your English is fine- I didn't even notice anything.

I'm more interested in your windshield washer stalk. You have a push button on the end... Mine, to wash the front windshield, I pull straight back on the thing, and to wash the rear window, the end of the stalk twists. But I have a '98 and I noticed your car is a '95. Did Toyota change stalks???

Install looks good!
SwissFerdi
I like it, but it doesn't seem necessary to me because the stock cupholders don't bother me, I actually think they're genius. That would probably change if I was using a manual though.

Props for inventiveness.
CelicaST_CALI
I seriously need these....attempting to shift from 1-5th with a McDonalds large drink in the way isn't the easiest thing to do..
freddy121389
memories.... I used to own a 92 taurus, little mofo quit on me 3 times, but then i moved on to the celica, would have never thought of doing this, what a great idea. I have a double din though, i have no chance of making this work now smile.gif
Celicagt1995
QUOTE (richee3 @ Aug 13, 2009 - 8:07 PM) *
Your English is fine- I didn't even notice anything.

I'm more interested in your windshield washer stalk. You have a push button on the end... Mine, to wash the front windshield, I pull straight back on the thing, and to wash the rear window, the end of the stalk twists. But I have a '98 and I noticed your car is a '95. Did Toyota change stalks???

Install looks good!

I guess they did.
MrAyasli
Yeah true.

Stock cup holders + manual = fail.

lmao.
Celicagt1995
I just removed my Ford Taurus cup holder so if any one is interested I'm selling it. Make me an offer.
Timothy
Saw the sticky so I decided to head to my local junk yard..

The installation needed some fabrication. the ford taurus cup holder trim blocked one of the clips for the center console. Nonetheless I hated the original cup holders. Sorry for the over-sized picture biggrin.gif
BonzaiCelica
the early to late 92-96 geo prizm and toyota corolla have this style cup holder that fit into our 6th gen celica's no?! instead of the factory jdm one?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.