Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OBX Racing on 7A-FE?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
JoKeRkId613
I was searching the Parts Database here on 6GC, I pulled up these parts for the 7A-FE engine:

OBX Adjustable Cam Sprockets
OBX Fuel Rail
OBX Over Drive Power Pulley Kit
OBX Underdrive Crank Pulley

I can get all this smack for about $400-$500. Is this worth it? How fast will this make my ST Automatic carrito? I was thinking about Nitrous but I don't want to mess up my engine or blow it up or anything. Lol. I'd rather replace the pulleys and such. How much HP do you think this'll bring me to? Right now I would say I'm at 118HP because of the intake. Stock is 110, I think? So back to the question...Is this worth buying??? They come with racing belts and stuff.
Blakout16
OBX has a racing header too, and i just happend to order it last thursday. u should consider that too, and u didnt gain 8 hp on the intake alone... depending if its CAI or ShortRam, CAI will give u like 2-4 and shortram there is no graphable hp increase, just noise. the pulley kits dont give u hp, they just free up horsepower for the usage. im not shure on the fuel rail or cam sprockets, but i say put the header first on ur list, its on ebay for 180 roughly.
ghostdog
the cam sprockets and fuel rail won't do anything unless you have f/i or some other significant mod. besides, I don't think they are even available. having both an underdrive and overdrive pulley is also redundant so scratch that off the list as well.

if you are looking to do the basics to your car. i/e/h/pulley I would say a conservative gain of 5 hp at the wheels. yeah its really not worth it
Rjb23
The good news is you will be able to beat that pesky kid on the ten speed that keeps embaressing you!
97sccelica
QUOTE(JoKeRkId613 @ Mar 27, 2005 - 3:02 PM)
I was searching the Parts Database here on 6GC, I pulled up these parts for the 7A-FE engine:

OBX Adjustable Cam Sprockets
OBX Fuel Rail
OBX Over Drive Power Pulley Kit
OBX Underdrive Crank Pulley

I can get all this smack for about $400-$500. Is this worth it? How fast will this make my ST Automatic carrito? I was thinking about Nitrous but I don't want to mess up my engine or blow it up or anything. Lol. I'd rather replace the pulleys and such. How much HP do you think this'll bring me to? Right now I would say I'm at 118HP because of the intake. Stock is 110, I think? So back to the question...Is this worth buying??? They come with racing belts and stuff.
[right][snapback]262906[/snapback][/right]

fuel rail 0 HP
there is only one cam sprocket on a 7afe head, there is no good adjusting u can do, 0 hp
underdrive pully, 5hp at the crank, maybe depending on how light it is and how much less it spins the accessories, you could just turn off the AC and get the same effect
header nothing really
exhaust nothing really
intake nothing really

get IHE together, and it may give some healthy gains, but really, its the basic design of the 7A head that holds it back as an NA engine

75 wet shot on the other hand would be pretty safe if the car is in healthy condition

as soon as i get some spare $$$, im gonna turbo my sister's ST again

IMO, turbo is the only way to go if you want good power with out an engine swap followed by nitrous, but nitrous can get $$$.
Kwanza26
OBX doesn't make any of that stuff anymore... they're just posers claiming a whole lot of bullsh!t... The only things you can find from OBX that can work, an modififed intake, a modified header, and shift knobs...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.