Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: piggy back system
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
rjbibeau
question for you people out there. my dude that i go through for my custom stuff can't get me in until next week to do a piggy back system for my turbo. i heard somewhere that the stock obdII is good up to 5 pounds.. is this right. i have a race to go to on sun and was just wondering if it will be good until then.
Coomer
I wouldn't race anything with a stock ECU, no piggyback, and a turbo. Sounds like a recipe for disaster.
nik
can you list whats done to the car.

do you have an fmu or fuel controller?

and last its your motor it could blow up or be just fine i'm leaning toward blowing
rjbibeau
i have a spare vortech laying around but i'm not gonna use that becuase i'm going with the piggy back system which controls the fuel. i suppose i could buy the system from the dude and just hook it up myself and try tuning it i suppose. the guy right now is inbetween mvoing his shop to a diff location. he said i should give him a call later in the week like wed or sumptin.. hopefull he's free.

thanks guys for your input
nik
QUOTE(rjbibeau @ Apr 4, 2005 - 1:21 PM)
i have a spare vortech laying around but i'm not gonna use that becuase i'm going with the piggy back system which controls the fuel. i suppose i could buy the system from the dude and just hook it up myself and try tuning it i suppose. the guy right now is inbetween mvoing his shop to a diff location. he said i should give him a call later in the week like wed or sumptin.. hopefull he's free.

thanks guys for your input
[right][snapback]266453[/snapback][/right]

ok listen close you can run 6psi on a fmu it will control all your fuel to boost ratio
what are you using to dailin the boost?
rjbibeau
piggy back system handles that
nik
QUOTE(rjbibeau @ Apr 4, 2005 - 1:29 PM)
piggy back system handles that
[right][snapback]266461[/snapback][/right]

mad.gif first question you dont have your piggy back hooked up right?

if not i would run the fmu for your race so you dont lean out i would not leave the fueling needs up to the stock ecu no matter what you heard
rjbibeau
allright cool i'll do that if i can't get ahold of the system but i'm sure i can and i'll try to throw it in myself. if not that will have to be my last option.
nik
QUOTE(rjbibeau @ Apr 4, 2005 - 1:35 PM)
allright cool i'll do that if i can't get ahold of the system but i'm sure i can and i'll try to throw it in myself. if not that will have to be my last option.
[right][snapback]266465[/snapback][/right]

for fuel control?

right now the car is parked because i have 1/2 the turbo stuff off getting it ready to sell and finish my 7agte motor then the nightmare ......wiring
rjbibeau
ouch good look with the wiring. i did a ls swap in a 91 civic hatch that was a pain and a half
nik
QUOTE(rjbibeau @ Apr 4, 2005 - 1:42 PM)
ouch good look with the wiring. i did a ls swap in a 91 civic hatch that was a pain and a half
[right][snapback]266469[/snapback][/right]

well the nice thing is i got a hold of a full uncut Ae101 4agze map harness + ecu that ecu alone can handle 15 psi with no help but i'm linking it up with my greddy stuff
Hanyo
sounds like your just gonna wing it for now..

since you have obd II,

what are you gonna use to control timing?

fuel mixture?

boost?

if your answer is piggy back? then what brand piggy back ect.

are you using stock fuel rail and injectors? fuel pump? can the stock ecu handle these mods to the fuel system?

rjbibeau
i gotta call the guy tom (wed) so we'll see i guess. i'm gonna be using the perfect power smt6 piggy back system. it's kicks emanages azz in forms of ease of tuning. plus it handle up to 6 extra injectors. i'm using the stock fuel rail and my supra lime top injectors are already installed. and the mr2 map sensor is in there and the car starts and runs fine NA style. the piggy system just intercepts the ecu readings.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.