Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: altezza motor
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
juBz86
hey i was just curious. i was roaming around ebay and found the beams 3sge black top and i was wondering if these would drop right in and bolt up to the gt tranny.

ebay motor 1

ebay motor 2 (i dont think this ones a 3sge)

i need enlightenment.
Supersprynt
Mechanically yes, electrically...i'd have nightmares.
BLADDER_MASTER
You're better off getting the BEAMS 3S-GE that came in the ST202 Celica's.
lagos
for 4grand i would go with a swap thats more documented. it would take a lot of custom work to get that motor to sit right and i wouldnt recomend it unless you have done swaps like this before.
thedevilmaycrie
i dont know... the black top is duel vvt... sooo who know... id do it...

-DMC
Drocay
if i got it i would do the clip, but that one had front end accident do u think its worth it.
DamDirtyApes
do it, do it
orvillescelica
there will be problems no doubt!! Much harder than any 3sgte swap. But if you have the money and time i would definatly go for it. Its a BEAMS black top!!!!
macavely
be original ... or be like everyone else...
chucho
QUOTE(macavely @ Apr 4, 2005 - 5:05 PM)
be original ...  or be like everyone else...
[right][snapback]266491[/snapback][/right]

But after being the original someone is bound to follow wink.gif
macavely
QUOTE(chucho @ Apr 4, 2005 - 5:38 PM)
QUOTE(macavely @ Apr 4, 2005 - 5:05 PM)
be original ...  or be like everyone else...
[right][snapback]266491[/snapback][/right]

But after being the original someone is bound to follow wink.gif
[right][snapback]266507[/snapback][/right]

yup thats to point...to many people on here are scared little biiootchess. and wont be the frist ones to put there foot in the water... and are even quicker to tell someone not to try something cause it hasn't been doen before... all up in the cool-aid and don't even know the flavor ..
orvillescelica
once there is an original... it will be very very very hard to be a follower with this one. The BEAMS black top is not an engine you come across very often.
Kwanza26
"fit" is a very very bad word to use. "fit" is easy... "work" is hard. The BEAMS blacktop is always from a rwd platform, so it requires a bit of work to make things work. It'll drop in and bolt up ok... satisfying the "fit" requirement, but wiring, plumbing, everything is gonna be custom.
macavely
the hard the work and great the statifaction u'll have once everthign is doen.... and hard is only messured by a preson want to do something... something could take along time to figure out but not hard to do .. just takes a while to do right...
lagos
my theory on these never before done swaps is that if you have to ask about it, then you are not ready to do it. you can have all the people on a msg board cheering you on, but in the end its going to be you and that motor in a garage.... and you will have no one to refer to when a problem comes up.

at least with the 3s swap, if you get stuck, there will be enough people on this site that can help you finish your project.
macavely
just cause a person ask questions doesn't mean they can't do something... asking questions is how u get the answers ur looking for and if some one doesnt' have the answers.. u do what has been done by every person that has been the first to try something... and that is try it urself and find what works and doesnt. ..

with and engine swap ur not lunch the car up into space .. ur just doing a swap ... if u take ur time and learn the basics before anything else.. then how the little extras work ... u'll be fine...
95CelicaST
how much HP is a Beams blacktop pushing?

Matt
lagos
should be the same as our is300. about 195hp at the crank, but thats just my guess.
macavely
i think the IS300 has more HP then the altezza ... i hope it would seeing one is a 4clynder and the other a 6 ..
BLADDER_MASTER
QUOTE(macavely @ Apr 6, 2005 - 1:15 AM)
i think the IS300 has more HP then the altezza
[right][snapback]267205[/snapback][/right]

Yah, a massive 5HP more.
cmorty
At least he's not trying to do something like this idiotic neighbor of mine is. He has a 2.2 ECOTEC all supped-up and made by GM. His goal: To shoehorn this thing in a 98 Civic SI. confused.gif

From what I gathered, he's already in over his head.
juBz86
i didnt say i was going to do it!! i was just trying to get some info. i just saw 3sge and the black top so i was like well it should fit. but thanx for all your feedback. if anybody does this or attemps to then alot of PROPS to you.
kanazai2001
dear juBz,
i'm currenty doing research on dropping the black top 3S into my ST. it will take sometime to compile all the info and check it on the clip shop. but why it is selling expensive in your country?! and why you have to do it yourself instead of getting help from a workshop?

"?" confused.gif
_rz_
It has been done before. Never heard of any major problems. We have a car with a black top 3s-ge BEAMS. It's 210 hp.
I'll see if I can find the links to the site of that car to post it here.
kanazai2001
dear rZ,
pls do so cause i wanna find out more regarding to transplant the black top 3s.

thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.