Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: All right...need some help here!
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
Yota
Ok, since the fiasco with my ex...I've been talking to this girl that I was acquaintances with in high school on AIM.. She helped me through ALOT of my problems with my ex...and lately, it seems that everytime I talk to her, I like her more and more and think about her more often.

Heres some things you should know first though:
She has this "boyfriend" whom she's pretty infatuated with. Except for the fact that she just told him they need to have a break because she's too stressed out with him and other stuff going on in her life. And now they argue a lot because he's not so understanding about the situation.. whatever..

When we talk on the internet, she's been known to say some things that I perceive as 'signals'.. some are a little more pronounced than others, but still...I see them. And I understand that it could just be me trying to make something of nothing..

Now, because I'm really afraid that things would be ruined between us if I told her how I felt, I tried to send some 'signals' back.... I know, it was cheesy, you don't need to tell me that! biggrin.gif

Usually, her 'signals' would be in her AIM profile...They'd be some poem or some ryhme that I would be able to connect to our conversations and stuff... But today, she had this poem stanza thing about being out of time before committing to something new. And I remember one of the lines said "is it too late to start, or should I move on?" (something like that..) So I replyed in my away message "Its never too late to start something new" Basically all day today, our away messages traded back and forth...And now she's asleep so I couldn't talk to her about it even if I wanted to!

My question is this...Should I take the chance and just confess to her how I feel and risk being as close as I am to her?

And for you ladies out there...Am I completely off by what I'm sensing here, or is she trying to tell me something as well?
Blakout16
i've done the same thing recently with a girl i like ... she was sending me alot of signals and i was sending a few back her way but after 3 weeks i couldnt stand it anymore and i ended up calling her and telling her my feelings.... yup, im not her boyfriend but im just a friend with benefits... im pretty satisfied. i say shoot for it yota, DO IT.
Yota
lol...I'm considering it! I think i might hold off a bit first...maybe wait a week and see if they continue. I have a feeling if I am totally off...she'd flip out.
acenova
Hey man, just be straight with her. Games are for kids, and "signals" can be very confusing. Just ask her something like "hey, is there something going on between us or am I imagining things?" If its an honest question, you'll receive an honest answer. Don't come out w/ feelings until you guys have been talking for a lil while. But yea, she'll respect the question, but it shouldn't make things akward between you two at all. Seems like things might be right, but at the same time her poems may be talking about something completely different. They have multiple meanings. So yea, just ask if there's something there, you'll be fine w/ that, its the safer thing if you plan to pursue.
celicagurl152003
QUOTE(acenova @ Apr 7, 2005 - 5:45 AM)
Hey man, just be straight with her.  Games are for kids, and "signals" can be very confusing.  Just ask her something like "hey, is there something going on between us or am I imagining things?"  If its an honest question, you'll receive an honest answer.  Don't come out w/ feelings until you guys have been talking for a lil while.  But yea, she'll respect the question, but it shouldn't make things akward between you two at all.  Seems like things might be right, but at the same time her poems may be talking about something completely different.  They have multiple meanings.  So yea, just ask if there's something there, you'll be fine w/ that, its the safer thing if you plan to pursue.
[right][snapback]267585[/snapback][/right]

I say go with what acenova said.....he seems to have his head on straight and that's some good advice. anyhow yeah i say just ask her, it can't hurt. But at he same time you have to remember that if she is just breaking it off with another guy because she wants space then she still may want space, for a while at least but she'll let you know this if so when you ask her what's up. Well good luck and i hope that she does like you that way and you two hit it off.......
Latz
~Christina biggrin.gif
Puchi
WTB: Woman with a 6GC, 3SGTE a plus, send offers via PM.
BlackCelicaGT94
QUOTE(acenova @ Apr 6, 2005 - 10:45 PM)
Hey man, just be straight with her.  Games are for kids, and "signals" can be very confusing.  Just ask her something like "hey, is there something going on between us or am I imagining things?"  If its an honest question, you'll receive an honest answer.  Don't come out w/ feelings until you guys have been talking for a lil while.  But yea, she'll respect the question, but it shouldn't make things akward between you two at all.  Seems like things might be right, but at the same time her poems may be talking about something completely different.  They have multiple meanings.  So yea, just ask if there's something there, you'll be fine w/ that, its the safer thing if you plan to pursue.
[right][snapback]267585[/snapback][/right]

Even if u try be straight up with us sometimes we play the game and still give u a mixed message. Ive done it! Guys ive dated have done it! Sometimes its just nice to be liked! :-)
celicarocker
dont feel like reading the story... PM mac.... he'll help you out biggrin.gif
Jaws4God
now if only i had a woman sending me some signals... frown.gif
darksecret
If she seems open or if she is a friend ask her, it shows her you have confidence and being a friend she will give you an honest answer, if she doesn't give you an answer right away she is probably considering it. If you never try then you'll never know. Hey Jaws I might be able to help you out with a girl give me a PM.
madmods
I don't know if I would confess to her. Keep being a challenge to her. I would say something like." Hey lets get together and get a bite to eat, or a drink, coffee, etc"
Your kinda of asking her out and your not. Do that a few more times then ask her out on a real date.
Sometimes when your not a challenge anymore, the women moves on. Hold your ground and emotions. I know its like a game, and I hate games, but you gotta to do it also.
Yota
Madmods,
I think I'm going to go that route that you suggested. I already made plans for us to go hang out some afternoon and do something fun (like putt putt golf or something stupid but would be a good time).

I don't know if coming out about my feelings for her would be such a good idea right now because of the situation she is in with her 'boyfriend' now. I wanna see if I can 'lure' her in by just being a really fun guy to hang out with.
Sev408
good luck on that one,

games are getting old and im quite sick of them. women need to realize after awhile its time to stop tugging someone in different directions and make a relationship out of it.
Yota
I agree but sometimes, they can be kinda fun.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.