Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Everyone's opinion?????
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
CeliNProgress
What up everybody? Im a new comer and I gota situation on my hands. I've had my Celi a lil more than a year and now I got a problem I need to deal with IMMEDIATELY!!! Due to certain circumstances my celica ST wont drive. Its a long story. Anyways, I either need to rebuild my motor or swap it out and drop a MR2 in it. If I rebuild Im going all the way. Port and Polish, Valve Job, New Springs, Lifters, Etc. So I already talked to my friend's dad who works at Toyota and he would dothe swap. But no matter what I do I wanna be TURBO! For you to get a better understanding there's a nut in my motor and it'll turn on but shut off after a little bit of running. You can hear it bouncing around and then the noise goes away and then you can hear it again. My boys and I think it's in the valves???? Don't really know. If you guys can throw in your input and help me out I would really appreciate it. Aight 1 confused.gif
Digndoug
Im gunna say one thing before some ass's get on an post.. Do a search and look up info and postives an negatives on both building up a 7afe and doing a 3s-gte. Sence you have someone to do your swap, id make sure he can do the wirig, that has seemed to be a little difficult with these engines, but nothing imposible.

Id say go with the 3s-gte and mod it a little. With the 7a your going to have to replace the head, pistons and rods and crank, basicaly the whole engine for a very good turbo set up.
CeliNProgress
QUOTE(Digndoug @ Apr 7, 2005 - 8:21 AM)
Im gunna say one thing before some ass's get on an post.. Do a search and look up info and postives an negatives on both building up a 7afe and doing a 3s-gte. Sence you have someone to do your swap, id make sure he can do the wirig, that has seemed to be a little difficult with these engines, but nothing imposible.

Id say go with the 3s-gte and mod it a little. With the 7a your going to have to replace the head, pistons and rods and crank, basicaly the whole engine for a very good turbo set up.
[right][snapback]267672[/snapback][/right]

CeliNProgress
Ok Im still learning how to use this thing. Thanks for being cool about responding to my msg and about people being asses. Y be on here if people are gona be rude and not wana help out? Anyways I appreciate the info you told me Digndoug and whoever else I haven't seen that has responded to my msg.
97sccelica
its a lot of work to swap in a mr2 3sgte

its also a lot of work to fully rebuild a 7afe with performance in mind, but atleast its already in the car and the wiring works.

is that noise comming from the top of the engine or the bottom?
CeliNProgress
The noise is coming from the top. We all think it is in the head! The reason I really want to get this car up to speed is cuz all my boys (and I mean ALL) got Honda's (Me too cars). They talk all the S*** that the celi is nothing. They got gsr's, si's with the works. So I really gota get this car going. But when I was driving with the 50-shot I was eating preludes. Don't know how but all I got is intake and gutted cat with 2 1/4 piping from the cat back. So I have no idea where Im getting the rest of the Hp from????

Stock- 110 hp
Intake- 5 hp ??
Exhaust- ???
115 + ?? + 50= 165 hp
Must be getting 15+ from exhaust. Its crazy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.