Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Engine
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
FSX_Celica94GT
Yea, so I got a new engine in my car. I was driving one night back home from work, when all of a sudden i hear this clanking noise, and it got louder and louder. The car tried to die on me a couple of times, but it remained strong w/ me only goin 35 down the highway lol. So when I got home, my engine completely died. The next morning when my dad took a look at it, there was oil all over the bottom hood protectant and the oil lid was lying on my engine strut. He told me I forgot to put on my oil cap lol, so the engine just sprayed all the oil out i guess. Anyway, he said one of his friends would do a swap for cheap and would even get new hoses and a new clutch for me all for 1900 bux. The engine that we got had about 70k miles on it for 650 bux. It was the best bad thing that could happen. So now we're doin a complete rebuild on the car. So since the car has a new engine, hoses, clutch, and gas struts, it easily has a 4000 dollar value now. The rest I'm paying for on my own. Gotta get it realigned, new brake pads *brakes rotated if necessary* and 2 new tires, cuz my old back struts cupped my tires and ruined the inside of them. After that, I'm buying exhaust, and gonna try to find jdm tails.
chosen1
Congrats on your misfortune smile.gif
wind
glad you are getting a new engine.... dont forget the oil cap this time smile.gif
2003cbgts
sometimes good **** comes from bad ****.. congrats i guess?
junhus69
ever hear of an oil light? Its supposed to go off when the oil pressure gets to low. Anyway good luck with the new engine.
shin
biggrin.gif well at least something good came out from the misfortune. good luck.
easternpiro1
QUOTE(junhus69 @ Apr 8, 2005 - 8:11 AM)
ever hear of an oil light? Its supposed to go off when the oil pressure gets to low. Anyway good luck with the new engine.
[right][snapback]268266[/snapback][/right]

damn oil light dosent work in some cases im thinking. i threw a rod in mine because of an oil issue and i never knew it until i heard the rod knocking! the oil light should have come on AGES ago!
lagos
never trust that oil light to tell you whats going on. its set to go off when your have less then 5psi of oil pressure, and by then its too late to save the engine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.