Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: newbie
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
javi714
I recently bought a 96 celica and i've been searching in the net and around the forum to see what performance parts are available for the car. can you guys give me some websites I could find some performance for this car thanx.
header
exhaust
engine
tranny
playr158
QUOTE(javi714 @ Apr 12, 2005 - 6:23 PM)
I recently bought a 96 celica and i've been searching in the net and around the forum to see what performance parts are available for the car. can you guys give me some websites I could find some performance for this car thanx.
header
exhaust
engine
tranny
[right][snapback]270167[/snapback][/right]

first off do you have an ST (7afe) or a GT (5sfe)

header----custom

exhaust---pick a muffler you like go to the exhaust shop say i need 2.25" car back with this muffler

engine and tranny? swap? hmmmmm you need to research that
engines avail.....3sgte, 4agze, 7agte, 7agze,5sfze, ect.....

there is also a lil search button on your screen use that

with 4 letter plus words and you'll learn alot
Boss-Celica
eBay
http://www.modacar.com/car/Toyota/Celica/ (doesn't have much but worth looking at)
eBay
oh yeah, and eBay
javi714
I have the 1.8 engine 5speed what can i do to this engine to make it better or what engine can i swap it with thanx
25thcelica
To make the 7afe better (by better I assume you mean faster) the best route I have found to be is turbo. as for a swap a 4age, 4agze, 4age 20v will drop right in and you can reuse your tranny and engine mounts. You could also drop a 3sgte or a 3sge (I like the 3sge my self biggrin.gif ) but that will take a bit more work then an "A" series motor

Fernando
javi714
what are the numbers for those motors hp and tq and you saaid I could still use the same tranny I have
25thcelica
I will have to look all the numbers for the engines later sorry(at work wink.gif )
but as far as your tranny yeah you can use it with a regulare 4age and the 4age 20v. The 4agze you might need a stronger tranny but I think the stock one can take the boost(don't quote me on that one yet wink.gif )
javi714
QUOTE(25thcelica @ Apr 12, 2005 - 7:24 PM)
I will have to look all the numbers for the engines later sorry(at work wink.gif )
but as far as your tranny yeah you can use it with a regulare 4age and the 4age 20v. The 4agze you might need a stronger tranny but I think the stock one can take the boost(don't quote me on that one yet wink.gif )
[right][snapback]270187[/snapback][/right]

thanx alot men. I just got this car so I don't know a whole lot about it yet. thanx for your help guys biggrin.gif
CelicaST18
I have a 96 ST (1.8) also, i am going turbo and have two things that will increase horsepower...I have a cold air intake that i will no longer need, and I have a venom 400 control module (basically just a racing chip) I could sell you both of these, or just one if you would like.
javi714
what were the gains from that stuff and how much are you selling it for
CelicaST18
I don't know the actual gains...However Venom claims up to 30% increase...all i know is you can definately feel a difference...I had to make the intake myself since no-one makes one for our cars...It is 2.5 inch aluminized steel, and it is wrapped in heat reflective insulating wrap.
I would sell all of it shipped for $250, or $200 for the venom (retail $300) and $70 for the intake.
javi714
i might get the venom but not right now prolly next paycheck if you haven't sold it by them
94ST2
Does anyone on here know the actual perfomance gains numbers for the venom 400?
javi714
well I just got some headers from ebay and I getting a catback done here locally. I was reading that the ripp sds fits the celica will it fit the 1.8l or no. wher can I get a lightened flywheel and other tranny stuff thanx.

check out my other baby at cardomain http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/741926
Blakout16
yup, by the 1.8L corolla header off of ebay, just bought mine like 2 weeks ago (and still sitting in my room)but i did a test fitment when i got it and fits perfectly... cept for the good 6" gap between downpipe ---> catback
javi714
QUOTE(Blakout16 @ Apr 16, 2005 - 11:59 AM)
yup, by the 1.8L corolla header off of ebay, just bought mine like 2 weeks ago (and still sitting in my room)but i did a test fitment when i got it and fits perfectly... cept for the good 6" gap between downpipe ---> catback
[right][snapback]272335[/snapback][/right]

how much you paid for yours and with this headers it eliminates the catconverter or no
Blakout16
i paid... roughly 200 for it, and it elminates the precat but not the catback.
CelicaST18
do you still want the venom 400???
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.