Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch kits
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Akimbo
Just like the topic says. For my swap I need a clutch and a pressure plate, but I don't wanna blow like 300 bucks. What does everyone suggest? I don't need like a hardcore clutch...
juBz86
exedy oem replacement?!?
spunky393
Act Racing pressure plate, and oem clutch disc is a very nice combo.
jgreening
stock.
GT4WRC
Going over to Oz next month and will be picking up a lightweight flywheel / clutch combination for the GT-FOUR while I'm there. Getting everything from these guys - http://www.xtremeclutch.com.au/
Gary
lagos
i got a spec stage 3, 6 puck.. but i wouldnt recomend it for a 5sfe.
Akimbo
so why does that help me then lol
Sev408
go oem its like 100 bucks and you wont regret it.

plus your doing a manual swap right? so in other words its going to save you money instead of buying a stage 1 for 300+.
Akimbo
I'll probably just buy a Exedy kit. What do you think of that Sev? Isn't that OEM?
presure2
yea, if your planning on staying stock (5sfe) i cant see any reason to get anything other than stock. wink.gif
Mr2_Joel
spec stage 3 clutches can take some damn abuse. I could launch my car all day and that thing wont break a sweat. Not sure how it
lagos
QUOTE(Mr2_Joel @ Apr 19, 2005 - 10:57 AM)
spec stage 3 clutches can take some damn abuse.  I could launch my car all day and that thing wont break a sweat.  Not sure how it
[right][snapback]273919[/snapback][/right]

yeah i agree, its a crazy clutch. it just grabs like a mofo.
Sev408
QUOTE(Akimbo @ Apr 19, 2005 - 9:38 AM)
I'll probably just buy a Exedy kit. What do you think of that Sev? Isn't that OEM?
[right][snapback]273854[/snapback][/right]

that will work fine dude, even a clutch kit from autozone or advanced auto will be fine.

spec stage 3 clutches can take some damn abuse.  I could launch my car all day and that thing wont break a sweat.  Not sure how it

u have an Mr2 turbo, how can you comepare that to a stock 5s that in no way needs the power of a stage 3 clutch wink.gif
Mr2_Joel
QUOTE(Sev408 @ Apr 19, 2005 - 12:09 PM)
QUOTE(Akimbo @ Apr 19, 2005 - 9:38 AM)
[right][snapback]273854[/snapback][/right]

that will work fine dude, even a clutch kit from autozone or advanced auto will be fine.

u have an Mr2 turbo, how can you comepare that to a stock 5s that in no way needs the power of a stage 3 clutch wink.gif
[right][snapback]273937[/snapback][/right]

yeah i got distracted and didnt finish my sentence wink.gif I was saying Not sure how it would do in a 5s, b/c those little anemic motors have enough trouble getting to 40 tongue.gif (don't flame me, i used to have a car w/ one smile.gif )
CelicaSTX02
what clutch would you recommend for the 5sfe tranny with a ST185 3sgte in it???? This is if I want to have the tranny for a while.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.