Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Man
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
bojangles_8686
So I thought I would try something new and get some VIS sideskirts. Well they dont fit, and now the sides of my car by the wheel wells are really scratched up and they look like ****. The person I got them from showed me pics and the fit fien on his car. But or some stupid reason they dont fit on mine. I am sick of this stupid car causing me to spend all my money and look NO DIFFERENT. Everything I have ever tried to do with this car has gone wrong at one time or another. I have given up on this celica and I am giving it back to my parents and buying a different car as soon as possible. And oh yeah.... I ran over a screw that was holding up the little piece of plastic in the wheel well, and now it is stuck in my tire and my tire is slowly leaking.

So as I said.. this sucks..
Jdog1385
damn bro, dont worry its just murphys law in full efect. things will look up
hellsyphon
hey, everyone runs into a patch of bad luck, but look on the bright side you gotta hit that highway of good luck eventually, its gonna be ok just ride out the rough times and you'll be glad you kept such a sexy car smile.gif
ghostdog
nothing worthwhile is ever easy. I can't remember what probs you've had in the past but sideskirts not fitting isn't any reason to completely give up on your car
Blakout16
i run into problems all the time with the celi... just gotta roll with it.
bojangles_8686
QUOTE(gh0st_d0g @ Apr 20, 2005 - 10:42 PM)
nothing worthwhile is ever easy. I can't remember what probs you've had in the past but sideskirts not fitting isn't any reason to completely give up on your car
[right][snapback]275224[/snapback][/right]

Ok well when I lowered it with Tein springs I had to spend $2000 extra dollars because the struts cracked and the axle somehow completley rippied itself apart. I had to get the whole front suspension replaced. Hmm I spent $500 on a cf hood and it was destroyed. The hood was destroyed when I hit a deer, which also cost me $3000 to fix. When my car was looking fine I was hit by another car and had to get it fixed. Since then, I have had to get the front bumper repainted and now I have to deal with these sides not fitting. There are a lot more things I can add to the list but I dont even want to try to think of them all.... if it was just the sideskirts I wouldnt be like I am but I am sick and tired of having nothing but bad luck with my car. Its too much money to spend on things that will eventually get screwed up all over again.
Mr2_Joel
dude, i've spent around 10g on my 94 camry b4 i just sold it. I know exactly where you're coming from. And now that I'm paid off, I'm back in debt w/ a new car. You have to anticipate **** like that. Nothing goes as planned.....
shin
yea man.... i've got hit in the front before, been hit in the rear before, got into accident, but you don't see me giving up.. our celis are so rare... i'll be a shame to give it up.
bojangles_8686
Well unless I win the lottery I am giving the celi back to my parents. I dont make enough money to pay for all of the things that have to be fixed on this car. My parents pay for a lot of it and it makes me sick because I hate having them pay for stuff like that. I am giving it to my parents because they want it. so the car is still gonna be in my driveway, I will just not be driving it.
blu94gt
don't worry, my first Celica got hit 11 times in less than a year before it was totalled by a drunk driver. Mechanically never had a single problem, it was just all the other stupid drivers out there.

Now when I buy a car I make sure I have at least $2000 set aside for "emergencies"
Mike
man that stuff you said about the springs is scaring the hell outta me
hmm
maybe i'll leave it at stock ride height frown.gif
Coomer
I know how you feel...lots has gone wrong with my car too, and I've thought about giving up, but I just push on and turn the negative energy into making the car better.

That said, I'm in one of those sort of situations now. I'm looking at paying a shop $65 an hour to figure out what's wrong with my car, but chances are they'll screw it up even worse...every single shop I've ever taken the car to has screwed something up.
BlackCelicaGT94
Coomer - u could always bring it out to a GOOD shop in Seattle rather than taking it to crappy places! ur not gonna find reputable people in middle of no where places!
Coomer
QUOTE(BlackCelicaGT94 @ Apr 21, 2005 - 12:10 PM)
Coomer - u could always bring it out to a GOOD shop in Seattle rather than taking it to crappy places! ur not gonna find reputable people in middle of no where places!
[right][snapback]275622[/snapback][/right]

It's so expensive though. I don't want to pay $300-400 just for towing over to Seattle.
AndyST4
It's not even running anymore?
MonsterBOX
coomer what the hell happend? i thought u just had mounting problems?
Coomer
It won't start now, and compression starting results in the RPMs shooting from 1,500-3,000 RPM back and forth, so I had the car towed home and it's now sitting in the garage. frown.gif
BlackCelicaGT94
Hmm spend 300-400 to tow it to seattle or spend hte money on people in Yakima doing crappy jobs and taking MONTHS and MONTHS to fix it...hmm
CelicaSTX02
get another 6th gen =]
Coomer
QUOTE(BlackCelicaGT94 @ Apr 21, 2005 - 4:02 PM)
Hmm spend 300-400 to tow it to seattle or spend hte money on people in Yakima doing crappy jobs and taking MONTHS and MONTHS to fix it...hmm
[right][snapback]275783[/snapback][/right]

Well, neither is really going to happen. I can't afford either option.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.