Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: project 5sgte!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
crazycel18
just wondrein if anyonw has any good suggestions or ideas pretty much know what im gonna do just open for suggestions from peple who have turboed the 5s
thaimiishoe
Sticky: How to Turbo your 5S-FE
crazycel18
i know about the sticky forum and stuff im more lookin for suggestions or info about doin a ge head any help would be greatly appreciated
Coomer
Why 5S-GTE instead of 3S-GTE? It seems like in your situation the 3S-GTE would be cheaper and easier and stronger.
TTE
You should find smth on mr2 boards. They deal with hybrids
946thGenGT
I'm pretty sure he means 5SFTE. He just said that he wanted "suggestions from peple who have turboed the 5s".
crazycel18
No i mean 5sGTE
946thGenGT
So you're wanting to use the 3sgte head in your 5sfe? That would be cool to see.
crazycel18
my inent is to try something different
StreetRacing10PSI
i had that idea as well, you would get the power of the GE head with a bigger displacement. 2.2L instead of 2.0L
Coomer
But you'd have to buy two engines, and you'd have a weaker bottom end, and you'd have a lot more work to do than just a normal 3S-GTE swap.
erics1one
Right...but would it be less of a wiring and computer job to keep the 5s instead of swappin 3s?
Coomer
Not really actually. Lots of wiring is associated with the 3S-GTE head and ECU(Which you'd want to use I'm pretty sure), so putting the 3S-GTE head on the 5S-FE and using the 3S-GTE ECU would require substantial wiring changes.
1bwilson
build the bottom. suggest CP pistons, pauter rods.
Head studs
Metal HG
Poly Motor mounts
P'nP anything needed. Head, IM....
Have your crank looked at for insurance.
Cam gears and cams if you can swing it.
Go standalone. Save your headaches for something else.
Find out if the mr2T trans fits the 5s and tell the rest of us.
All the toys to monitor your baby.
Also a good digi cam to show us your progress.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.