Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3sgte trans ?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Baddica95
Ok.....i have saved up tons of money and its finally time to get the 3sgte!!!! Now i look all over ebay and there are great prices on just engines alone. My question is..do i shoot for the 3sgte engine and transmission combo or do i just try to find the best engine only swap and try and fix up or get another 5sfe tranny... and which one is more efficient and will overall give me the least amount of problems. Which combo will convert the celica to fwd the easiest?? Can you guys just give me a couple of different of responses and cases of what would work best.

Thanks a lot guys, i would really appreciate it

P.S. im havin a bunch of my Honda know-it-all friends help swap it and of course i trust the information provided by the best bunch of celica owning to them honda fellows smile.gif
lagos
if you buy that engine and tranny combo, can u list all the parts needed to make your car run?

if not...BUY A CLIP
AndyST4
I agree, a clip is the way to go, and going with your 5sfe tranny is probably the simplest way to do the swap.
Baddica95
well the combo engine/tran that im interested in has
ENGINE
INTAKE MANIFOLD
EXHAUST MANIFOLD
ALTERNATOR
STARTER
A/C COMPRESSOR
CUT WIRING HARNESS
TURBO
5SPD TRANSMISSION
ECU

thats everything i would need...correct...

And dumb question...if i got a JDM MR2 engine...would everything be backwards??
Supersprynt
NO. If it lists that stuff, its a big no. The biggest thing that should tell you that is the CUT HARNESS. Thats a big NO!

Also, theres ALOT more you need than that so do a search, find the parts you need its been listed many many times.
lagos
QUOTE(Baddica95 @ Apr 28, 2005 - 8:39 PM)
well the combo engine/tran that im interested in has
ENGINE
INTAKE MANIFOLD
EXHAUST MANIFOLD
ALTERNATOR
STARTER
A/C COMPRESSOR
CUT WIRING HARNESS
TURBO
5SPD TRANSMISSION
ECU

thats everything i would need...correct...

And dumb question...if i got a JDM MR2 engine...would everything be backwards??
[right][snapback]279746[/snapback][/right]

incorrect. cut harness is a big no no, and you are missing lots of stuff needed to make the car run.

!!!!!BUY A CLIP!!!!!
Baddica95
ok...getting a clip....are the clips on ebay just as reliable as the ones from lets say jarco or toysport??
lagos
no one knows. i found my seller on ebay. call around, ask some questions, see if they can send you a video of the clip, or some compression test results. use a credit card when u buy.

remember, price isisnt everything here. this is going to be a motor that you will depend on every day. so spending a few bucks more for a better motor or a better seller will pay off in the end.

audioOutput
ok this may sound just a lil noobie or maybe even kinda retarted..........

but whats a clip? smile.gif

thanks!
Baddica95
front half of a car....

anyways...all the ones on ebay also look like you cant trust them...they all reuse the same pics and they are basically only a handful of different dealers selling them so they just reuse the same exact information about each one.....my biggest fear is shelling out 2 or 3 grand and recieving some completely beat engine thats in horror condition...but at the same time....i know there are probably a lot of very good ones out there that are only in the 1500-2000 dollar range(clip)....i just gotta think things over if i wanna risk payin that little or just shell out the big bucks and...i guesss.. feel a little more safe on the decision....Has anyone out there bought an engine or clip ebay and got screwed over??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.