Full Version: my new downpipe 56k warning
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
lagos
not only is it better flowing, but also a good weight reducion mod! smile.gif

user posted image
Hanyo
isnt that removing one of your cats?

lagos
yes.... if you look at the bottom half of the stock one, youll notice that its in 2 sections. the lower secion is a cat.
Ryu3x16
how does it sound, art? I was hoping on getting one soon but don't want my car to be so loud.. damn exhaust tickets got me all paranoid
mark_426
did you do the header too?

ebay or elsewhere?
lagos
i wont know for another week or so ... still have a bunch of other things i need to do on the car before i drive it again.
lagos
i got this from berk technology. a lot of these downpipes look the same but the welds are all different. this one is quality stuff.

no i didnt get that tubular ehxaust manifold. just the downpipe
urbandork
yeah my stock dp is hella heaviy seeing as only spent 80 bucks on it i might jsut get one of those from the get go.
lagos
if anyone wants to buy my stock one..it is for sale.
lagos
just wanted to warn anyone with a fmic planning to install this downpipe.

after i put the pipe in, i found out that i have a lot less room then i did before in the engine bay.

user posted image

my old piping made a u turn off the turbo and would shoot straight down like this

user posted image

so i had to unwrap my piping and cut up all the piping i had welded frown.gif

user posted image
user posted image

i decided to paint the piping, came our really nice but i dont know how long it will last without chiping.
user posted image

now i just need to buy silicone 90deg to make it all work again hahaa
user posted image
WannabeGT4
Why haven't you re-clocked that turbo yet?! It'll clean up that engine bay tremendously if you get that piping off of the heatshield. It can't be that hard to loosen a few bolts and twist the compressor housing. Actually I know it's not that difficult since I've got a 3S sitting in my garage now biggrin.gif
lagos
because from what people tell me, you can clock the turbo with no problem, but mounnting the actuator is a pain in the ass custom job.
WannabeGT4
wastegate actuator I assume. custom plate if anything. nothing a drill, vice, band saw, and some scrap metal can't fix.
presure2
then the problem becomes getting the piping to the side of the intercooler, and clearance between the turbo and radiator. wink.gif
WannabeGT4
QUOTE(presure2 @ May 25, 2005 - 5:25 AM)
then the problem becomes getting the piping to the side of the intercooler, and clearance between the turbo and radiator. wink.gif
[right][snapback]291492[/snapback][/right]

If you point the trubo outlet more towards the ground than the front that shouldn't be an issue.
chicklover345
what is "clocking the turbo"
WannabeGT4
QUOTE(chicklover345 @ May 29, 2005 - 9:00 PM)
what is "clocking the turbo"
[right][snapback]293118[/snapback][/right]

It's when you rotate the compressor housing so that the outlet is pointing in a different direction. In the case of the ct26/ct20b and many other small to medium sized turbos the wastgate actuator is bolted to the compressor housing so turning it is a little more complicated but honestly not as hard as people make it out to be. Actually that'll be one of the first things I do to my 3S motor besides eliminating the AFM and running a MAP based standalone EMS.
lagos
buy a 3sgte, swap it in, clock the turbo, change over from afm to map....then you can complain about my setup smile.gif
jgreening
QUOTE(lagos @ May 29, 2005 - 10:23 PM)
buy a 3sgte, swap it in, clock the turbo, change over from afm to map....then you can complain about my setup  smile.gif
[right][snapback]293149[/snapback][/right]

Great reply. Much more diplomatic than my response to the members who wanted better videos.
WannabeGT4
QUOTE(lagos @ May 29, 2005 - 10:23 PM)
buy a 3sgte, swap it in, clock the turbo, change over from afm to map....then you can complain about my setup  smile.gif
[right][snapback]293149[/snapback][/right]

Well I've already bought a 3SGTE and I've already eliminated the AFM. I've just gotta clock the turbo and drop it in. LOL! It sounds so simple.

I'm not complaining just doing my best to convince you to turn that sexy beast into an even sexier beast by simplifying that engine bay. wink.gif
mark_426
Where did you get the downpipe exactly, I can't find it... frown.gif
Supersprynt
berktechnology.com
mark_426
"<Exhaust>
1991-1995 USDM MR2 Turbo 3.00" Downpipe 3SGTE
Expected release date: NOW!
The Dyno graph against the leading 2.5" Downpipe. We are the three on top. Best 3 runs vs. Best 3 runs."

Do I need to call in or what, you cant add to cart... exhaust only has nissan parts.
lagos
yeah, just call him up directly and order. if i remember correctly, i just paypaled him the money. the pipe is very good quality and has a year warrenty too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.