Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: S-AFC INSTALL W/ JDM 3SGTE
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
celica3sgte
I installed my s-afc in my car last night and i'll be installing the 550 injectors today. I've got the jdm 3s setup. However, I still don't have a throttle signal on the s-afc. Below is a link to the wiring that I used. On the middle plug where it says throttle, there is also an IDL Throttle Position Sensor pin to the left of it. I'm thinking of hooking up the afc throttle wire to that. Have any of you installed the safc on your 3sgte setup yet.
Consynx
be careful on overloading it...the s-afc can only do so much tongue.gif

that's all i got.
BLADDER_MASTER
Eh, I found this post interesting. It reminded me of some of the "MR2 Turbo Don'ts"

3. Installing 550 Supra Injectors below 300RWHP. Too many people drop 550s in and run rich and cause all kinds of fueling issues.

4. Installing an SAFC to correct #3!
Hanyo
i thought the safc is not good at handeling aftermarket injectors.

because it is a piggy back, it can only handle injectors close to stock resistance and size.
jgreening
Steve, what base timing and fuel pressure are you going to run?

- Jay
jgreening
QUOTE(Hanyo @ May 31, 2005 - 2:34 AM)
i thought the safc is not good at handeling aftermarket injectors.

because it is a piggy back, it can only handle injectors close to stock resistance and size.
[right][snapback]293461[/snapback][/right]

It can be done by someone who knows what they are doing. It just adds to the chance of detonation, particularly because there is the unintended consequence of advancing timing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.