Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: need a lug nut
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
FSX_Celica94GT
i need one lug nut for my back right wheel cuz its missing, anyone know where i can get one? put some ebay auctions up for some, i like those lol
ScoobyDooCruiser
The type of lug nut you need depends on the type of rim. Some nuts have flat bottoms, while others, like the stock toyota ones, have bevelled bottoms. The stock toyota ones, from the dealer are insanely expensive. If you need the stock ones, let me know. I might have some in my garage that I could sell you for cheap.

Usually you can just go to a tire store and get them pretty cheap. Just take one off, take it in to them, and ask if they have another they could sell you.
estaticd
I actually have the same problem biggrin.gif

I went on www.toyota.com and emailed a couple dealers from their website... got a response a few hours later:

----------
A lug nut for an alloy wheel runs $6.12
For a non-alloy wheel it runs $4.23
We have them in stock either way so stop by at your convenience
to pick one
up.

Thank You
-----------

This is for a 97 GT w/ alloys... pretty cheap for just one in my opinion.
Batman722
I have some spare stock GT lugs here. I needed one also so I bought a set of 20 from a 2000 GT (ebay $5) and it fit fine. They are the exact same as my ST ones. If anyone wants one PM me, I'll send it out.
estaticd
Well I ended up being in the vacinity of Discount Tires where I got my new tires... and decided it was about time to have em balanced and rotated.

I told them about the missing lug, and that the dealer wanted $6 bucks for one, and they guy said "Yeah, the dealer overcharges for them, we don't stock these chamfered or bezel types, but I'm sure if we dig around we can find one for you."

So I get my car back, with a lugnut in place, doesn't match the rest but the guy assured me it was the right type and size...

And how much?

Freebie, Freebie, FREEBIE.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.